Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
Cornerstone Student Loans 2019 in United States (U.S.).
Cornerstone Student Loans – Cornerstone is one of the small services contracted by the Department of Education. Boasting 35 years in the industry, Cornerstone is the servicing arm of the Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority (UHEAA), which is a state government agency and part of the Utah System of Higher Education.
Their mission is to lead families through the process of financing higher education. UHEAA, as well as Cornerstone, have their vision as to “deliver the best student loan experience anywhere” and proudly list their guiding principles on their about page: integrity, diligence, customer focus, collaboration, knowledge, self-discipline, and also resourcefulness.
Cornerstone sounds like an establishment that cares for their borrowers and really wants them to succeed financially. They also have a selection of games to teach financial literacy.
On Facebook, Cornerstone claims to “take the guesswork out of repayment.” But their borrowers tell a different story. If you are not quite sure where to start from or what to do, consider hiring a CFA to assist you with your student loans.
I recommend The Student Loan Planner to assist you to put together a solid financial plan for your student loan debt.
In this article, my main emphasis is on the Cornerstone student loan.
What does Cornerstone Education Loan Services Do?
As a federal student loan servicer, Cornerstone is primarily responsible for processing your student loan paperwork, collecting, and managing your student loan payments.
In addition, Cornerstone performs a number of other essential duties as required of them by the federal government, many of which revolve around assisting you, as a student loan borrower, understand the options available to you.
As such, Cornerstone:
- Helps borrowers manage and change payment due dates.
- Helps borrowers figure out if they qualify for student loan discharge and forgiveness.
- Helps borrowers understand their options for forbearance in the event that they cannot afford to make payments
What Types of Student Loans Does Cornerstone Service?
While some student loan servicers will service both federal and private student loans, Cornerstone only works with federal student loans.
This means that Cornerstone may be your servicer if you have any of the following types of federal student loans:
- Perkins Loans
- Direct Subsidized Loans
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Direct Consolidation Loans
- Direct PLUS Loans
How to Avoid Common Problems with Cornerstone
While there’s not much out there about Cornerstone Education Loan servicing itself, its parent establishment UHEAA has its share of complaints.
As of December 2018, it has 24 complaints filed against it with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and 85 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Slow Paperwork Processing
Several borrowers complained that CornerStone took a long time to process their paperwork. This was a particular problem for those who were on income-based repayment plans, which involves submitting documents about your income each year one even had to go into forbearance for a few months.
- How to avoid it: Submit your paperwork as early as possible and stay in touch with customer service. If that doesn’t work for you, consider consolidating your loans if you still want to take advantage of federal loan perks. Or refinance with a private lender.
Payments that Never go Through
Many borrowers also complained about payments not going through both regular payments and additional payments.
Some even reported that their loans became delinquent because of this error. Those who contacted customer service mostly said that the representatives couldn’t do much to help.
- How to avoid it: Consider signing up for automatic payments so there’s less of a chance that a manual payment doesn’t go through.
If you notice that a payment hasn’t been processed after a few days, reach out to customer service first to see if they can fix the problem.
If not, one customer noted that they were able to get their problem fixed by filing a complaint with the BBB. The CFPB may also be able to step in and help.
Check Your Loans Cornerstone Login
A big part of keeping up with your student loans is making sure that you are following up and making sure everything is correct with your loans.
Check out your Cornerstone Student Loans directly on their website for the most accurate information:
Cornerstone Login: https://www.mycornerstoneloan.org/
1. How do I apply for deferment or forbearance through Cornerstone?
You can apply by filling out and submitting a deferment or forbearance form online:
- Go to the Cornerstone website and click Forms in the main navigation bar.
- Select either Deferment Forms or Forbearance Forms, depending on which you’d like to apply for.
- Click Download next to the type of deferment or forbearance you’d like to apply for.
2. How do I change my repayment plan through CornerStone?
Changing your repayment plan involves completing and submitting a form to CornerStone:
- Go to the CornerStone website and click Formsin the main navigation bar.
- Select Payment Forms.
- Click Download next to either Repayment Plan Selection Form or Income-Driven Repayment Plan Request form.
4. Can I make a payment to CornerStone in cash if I go in person?
No, CornerStone currently does not accept cash payments.
5. I applied for a deferment or forbearance with my previous servicer. Do I need to re-apply with CornerStone?
If your previous servicer approved your deferment or forbearance before your loan was transferred, you do not need to re-apply.
If you didn’t receive confirmation that your deferment or forbearance was approved before your loan was transferred, please contact their customer service to find out what you need to do.
6. What do I do if I just sent a payment to my previous servicer?
You don’t have to do anything. Your previous servicer will forward it to us.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: cornerstone loan consolidation, cornerstone loan deferment, cornerstone loan number, cornerstone student loans reviews, education loan services, is cornerstone legit, is mohela a private student loan, private student loan servicers