=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
WISE – Futures PhD Scholarship Opportunities at NM-AIST in Tanzania 2019 and How to Apply
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates for WISE – Futures PhD Scholarship Opportunities at NM-AIST in Tanzania 2019. Deadline for submitting of applications for this scholarship is November 30th, 2018. See Details Below;
WISE – Futures PhD Scholarship
The African centre of excellence on Water Infrastructure and Sustainable Energy Futures (WISE – Futures) at Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha, Tanzania is inviting applications for WISE – Futures PhD Scholarship Opportunities. These scholarships are open to regional (Africa) students.
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST), is one in a net-work of Pan-African Institutes of Science and Technology located across the African continent. The specific objectives of establishing the AISTs fall under three broad headings, namely; human capital development; improvement of Africa’s education system to enable achievement of quality education for all; and knowledge generation, incubation, and dissemination. The AISTs are being developed as high quality, research intensive institutions with rigorous training programmes of international standards in SETI to meet the technology development needs of SSA.
- Applications Deadline: November 30th, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in three key areas: water and sanitation, water resources, and energy.
- Scholarship Award: The partial scholarships will run for three years.
- Nationality: These scholarships are open to regional (Africa) students. Female applicants will be given priority consideration for the scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Tanzania
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are open to regional (Africa) students. Female applicants will be given priority consideration for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
These scholarships are open to regional (Africa) students. Female applicants will be given priority consideration for the scholarship.
1) One page motivation letter.
2) Academic transcripts and certificates in relevant fields.
3) NM-AIST admission letter or proof of completed application for admission to NM-AIST (In case you do not have admission letter, please apply admission through www.nm-aist.ac.tz).
4) A recommendation letter from the current employer and/or previous supervisor / educator.
5) Evidence of peer reviewed journal publications.
6) A maximum of 2-page of Curriculum Vitae (CV).
7) 3000 words (minimum) research concept note fitting the key areas of WISE – Futures: water and sanitation, water resources, and energy. Concept notes should be in one of these areas:
(i) Fecal sludge emptying system, characterization, and treatment,
(ii) Decentralized waste water treatment and resource recovery,
(iii) micro-hydro power and micro-wind energy turbine design,
(iv) Capacitive deionization stack design for desalination,
(v) Solar energy for different applications,
(vi) Water resources management,
(vii) Groundwater quality and flow system analysis,
(viii) Water productivity and irrigation development,
(ix) Climate impact modeling (downscaling and prediction of change),
(x) Hydropower development
(xi) Urban water management,
(xii) Water supply,
(xiii) Solar PV design,
(xiv) Membrane design for water purification,
(xv) Performance improvement of Tanzanian gas power plants,
(xvi) Smart grid, and
(xvii) Distributed urban system transformation (DUST) (the group of students can work on this, i.e., water purification system, energy, irrigation, waste water treatment, etc.)
8) Incomplete documents or failure to follow instructions will automatically lead to disqualification.
9) Please note that only successful candidates will be informed for further instructions on reporting time to commence studies at NM-AIST.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
♦ Send your applications with all required documents via email: wise.postgrad-at-nm-aist.ac.tz. Your email subject should mention your nationality, name, and research area number as given in number 7 of eligibility criteria.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.