Chartered Institute Of Taxation Nigeria (CITN) 2020 Registration Updates.
CITN Registration: This article will guide you on how to register for CITN as a student and how to register to take the examinations.
The Chartered Institute of Taxation in Nigeria (CITN) began on 4th February 1982 as Association of Tax Administrators and Practitioners.
Later on, it transformed into Nigeria Institute of Taxation, which was formally launched on 21st February 1982 and statutorily recognized on 6th May 1987 as a company Limited by Guarantee.
The Institute was chartered by the Federal Government of Nigeria by the enabling Act No. 76 of 1992 (now CITN Act, CAP C10, Vol. 2, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and was charged with the responsibility, among others, of determining what standards of knowledge and skills are to be attained by persons seeking to become professional Tax Practitioners or Administrators.
Under the Act, the Institute is the only professional body which has the authority to regulate Tax Practice and Administration in Nigeria and only its members can practice Taxation. The Act sets out the rules as regards membership, composition, and officers of Council, etc.
The aims and objectives of CITN among others include:
- To determine what standards of knowledge and skills are to be attained by persons seeking to become registered members of the taxation profession.
- To raise, maintain and regulate the standard of taxation practice amongst its members.
- To promote professional ethics and efficiency in tax administration and practice.
- To encourage, promote and coordinate research for the advancement of taxation practice and administration in Nigeria.
How to Register for CITN as a student
1. Go to www.citn.org at the top right-hand corner click on the icon “Join CITN”
2. For Taxation Technician Scheme (TTS) Student, click on “Become a Taxation Technician Member”. Also, for Graduates (HND/B Sc.), click on “Become a student member”
3. Type the correct information into the spaces provided on page one (Email address and your phone number are very important and it must be functional because the information would be communicated to you through these two media). After filling the information on the first page, click on “Save and Continue”.
4. Fill the second page; Contact Information (Home address, Email address and your phone number are very important). Click on “Save and Continue”.
5. Fill the third page; Work information & Educational Information, etc. “the Most preferred Mailing Address” icon is very important.
6. Fourth Page; you are to scan and upload Files to Authenticate Education Information & Files to Authenticate Professional Certifications (attached files must be in PDF format).
NB: Make Photocopies of all your certificates and give them to a CITN member ( a financial member of the Institute) to certify i.e. the CITN member will sign and write his/her membership number on all your credentials; after which the prospective student will scan and upload such certificates.
These are files which will be used by the CITN administrator to verify your submitted educational and certification information. Please make sure you attach all your credentials as your application may be declined if enough documentation is not available.
Important credentials to scan & upload include:
- Certified photocopy of Birth Certificate or Sworn Declaration of Age;
- Certified photocopies of Educational qualification(s)
- Certified photocopy of Professional Certificate (you intend using to claim
- Certified photocopies of NYSC Certificate/NYSC call up letter or Letter of Exclusion from NYSC
7. Fill the Fifth page; “Login Information”, type your referee’s membership number and upload your passport photograph
NB: Your referee must be CITN members that are financially up-to-date- a member whose annual subscription is up-to-date.
8. Fill the Sixth page; Payment Information and click on “Proceed to payment”. There are two modes of payment:
- You pay the sum of ₦11,500(Student Registration fee) into any of the CITN’s Account. You print out the Reference code page(i.e. the payment page). You scan your ₦11,500 teller and the Reference code page to [email protected], send a copy to [email protected]
- You can also make payment using your Interswitch Debit Card, Visa Card or MasterCard, and then click on the icon “click here to continue”.
9. Immediately you pay with any of these payment platforms (Interswitch Debit Card, Visa Card or MasterCard) you will receive a message in your Inbox or Spam box (so make sure your E-mail address & Phone No. is functional because all correspondence would be sent to your Email Box) in the mail you will see a link.
Click on that link to submit your Student Registration form and then you will get a message that your APPLICATION HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED AND IT IS AWAITING APPROVAL. If you do not receive this message that means your application had not been submitted.
How to Apply for CITN Examinations
Exam application can be done online after your student registration and exemption has been approved. Here are the steps:
- Login by selecting “Login By” (Username or Email Address or Membership No.).
- Type your “username or email address or membership no.” and password to login to your profile page.
- When the exam registration page opens, click on “Register ” at the top right corner of your profile page.
- Choose your exam center and exam diet from the drop-down menu, automatically your proposed exam courses will be displayed.
- Click on “Register for Examination” then you will be re-directed to the payment page.
- Click on “Proceed to payment”. Pay the required fee into any of the CITN’s Account, then print out the Reference code page (i.e. the payment page). After payment, scan your payment teller and the Reference code page to [email protected] send a copy to [email protected]. You can also make payment using your Interswitch Debit Card, Visa Card or Master Card
- Then click on the icon “click here to continue” and wait for your examination approval and examination details through your mail.
If this piece of information serves you right, please don’t hesitate sharing, and subscribe with your email below to get more updates like this one.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.