CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
100 Trending Igbo Baby Girl Names and Meaning
Igbo Baby Girl Names and Meaning – Most parents are always eager to know the gender of their unborn baby. During pregnancy period, some funny questions do come into parents’ mind, questions like what’s the gender of the baby, what name will I give to my baby, should I name my baby after a family member, should the baby be named after an event or should it be a choice from nature?
There are too many factors to consider when naming a child. Most names especially traditional names have stories behind them; therefore most factors influence the names you choose for your babies.
Such factors include the circumstance surrounding the childbirth, the significance of the day the child was born and so on.
When it comes to child naming, as parents I know you do have lovely names to give to your children but often do not know their meanings.
In this article, I will be listing out Igbo names and their meaning, but before this, I will like to discuss a little about the Igbos and child naming.
Igbo is one of the major ethnic group which dwells in southeastern Nigeria. The Igbo’s determine that what you name your child will actually determine what the child’s life will look like.
The Igbo’s really believed in naming a child after an event that took place that day and lots of other conditions. Presently in the Igbo community, children are now given lovely and Godly names and no longer given funny local names.
- Ifechukwu – The light of God.
- Ifedimma – Something good
- Ifekristi – The light of Christ.
- Ifeyinwa – Nothing can be compared to a child.
- Ifunanya – Love
- Ihuoma – One who is favored
- Ihuomachukwu – God’s favor.
- Ijeawele – A smooth journey.
- Ijemma – A good journey.
- Isioma – One who is fortunate and blessed
- Kairaluchukwu – Let’s leave it to God.
- Kaisoluchukwu – Let’s follow God.
- chinechezirim – God thinks good of me.
- Chisimdi – God says I shall live.
- Daberechi – Lean on God
- Daluchi – Thank God.
- Ekemma – One who was born on Eke market day
- Epkereamaka – One who finds prayer is good and wonderful.
- Eziamaka – One who believes that good things are obtained by going out
- Akwaugo – “my precious daughter
- Amaogechukwu – “ Lord’s time is the best”
- Azuka – “we grow stronger with experience”
- Akumjeli – “I will enjoy that wealth”
- Isioma – “good luck”
- Onochie – “the one who replaces”
- Chukwunomso – which means “Lord is near me”
- Fumnanya – “love me”
- Uzoamaka – “a good journey” or “a smooth path”
- Ginikawa/Ginikachukwu – “there’s nothing greater than a child” and “there’s nothing greater than the Lord”
- Chiazokam – God has saved me well.
- Chibinobim – God dwells in my heart.
- Chibundo – God is my shelter
- Chibuogu – God is my strength.
- Chichima – A sweet and precious girl.
- Chinechezirim – God thinks good of me
- Ezichi – Good God!
- Ezinne – The good mother.
- Ginika – What can be greater than God?
- Achebe – One who is protected by the Goddess
- Adaego – Daughter of wealth
- Adaeze – Princess, daughter of the king.
- Adaku – A girl born into wealthy family or the one who brings wealth to the family.
- Adanna – Father’s daughter, given to the elder sister of a girl
- Adaobi – The first daughter in the family compound.
- Adaolisa – God’s daughter.
- Adaugo – Beautiful daughter or daughter of an eagle.
- Adaure – Daughter of Uruala, a town in Imo State.
- Addana – The younger sister of a girl
- Ahunna – One with the body of her father.
- Ezichi – Good God!
- Ezinne – The good mother.
- Amaka – Queen of ravishing beauty who is spontaneous and versatile by nature
- Chimamanda– My God will not fail
- Chikaima– It’s God we know
- Kamharida– May I not fall
- Kosisochukwu – However it pleases God
- Ndumzoronachukwu – My life is hidden in God
- Zioranmachukwu -Show the world God’s beauty
- Kaimarachukwu – Let’s know God
- Obinaetochukwu – A heart that praises God
- Sochima – Only God Knows
- Chinagorom – God is my witness
- Chisomaga – God walks with me
- Chukwukasiemobi – God console my heart
- Somgolibe – Follow Me Rejoice
- Nmasinachi – Beauty Is From God
- Chidiuto – God Is Sweet
- Ifechidelu, Ifechukwukwurugeme – What God has written…God’s words must come to pass
- Ifechimererika – God’s works are endless
- Chigaemezu – God will fulfill
- Nwanyibuife – A woman is light
- Chisimdiri – God said I shall live
- Kachizamekpere – Let God answer my prayer
- Chizaramekpere – God Answered my prayers
- Ekpereamaka – Prayer is beautiful
- Nwukaamaka – Children born on Sunday are beautiful
- Otitochukwu – In God’s Praise
- Otutuchukwu – Chant for God
- Chimdalu – Thank you my God
- Chinanuokum – God hear my calls
- Chinalu – God is at work
- Akummiriigwe – The Dew of Heaven
- Kamsiyochukwu – How I pleaded with God
- Chisomnazu – God is my protector
- Echioma – Brighter Tomorrow
- Enyichukwu – God’s friend
- Kaitochukwu – Let’s praise God
- Chimsimdili – My God said I shall live
- Oguguochukwu – Befriend God
- Makuochukwu – Embrace God
- Kachiside (Kachi) – As God has written
- Amaka – Queen of ravishing beauty
- Anwuli – Joy, a joyous and happy girl
- Anwulichukwu – Joy of the lord.
- Anwulika – My joy is great or joy is greater.
- Apunanwu – A precious and beautiful girl untainted by the sun.
- Binyelum – Stay with me
- Chiagozie – God has blessed me.
- Chiasoka – God is too sweet.
- Ifechiluru – What God has done
I hope this Igbo names and their meanings will motivate you as you choose for your child with full knowledge of what they mean.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: delta igbo names and meaning, igbo baby boy names 2017, igbo baby girl names 2019, igbo baby names 2017, igbo names and meaning for baby boy, igbo names and meaning for baby girl, igbo names for twins, unisex igbo names