Study in USA for Free… University education is not something to be taken lightly, billions of dollars are spent annually by individuals from all around the world in pursuit of decent university education. While some countries have affordable university facilities, other have expensive university facilities, one of such countries with expensive higher educational facilities is the United States of America.
University education in the US is so expensive that intending students often seek to study in the US for free but don’t know how. So many avenues are available for a student to study in the USA for Free and this article will serve to highlight some of the ways. These days many people use professional admissions counselor to help ease this findings.
The two main ways through which a student can study in the USA for free is are through
Outside these two avenues, the student might be required to pay for the expenses incurred whilst studying in the United States, a more detailed explanation of these ways can be found below.
Another name for a grant is free money and free money translates to free study. Grant is an amount of money that is given to a student to study in a university. Grants are not to be paid back, students can receive grants from a plethora of benefactors like the government, the university financial aid office, community cooperatives etc. The size of a grant varies from a few hundred dollars to several thousands of dollars and there is nothing stopping a student from benefiting from different grants.
A student seeking to study in the US for free can do so by looking for various grants and expressing interest in getting them. As a general rule, most grants are need based and are issued irrespective of academic achievement. For a student who wants to study free in the USA grants can play a vital role in alleviating the financial burden of furthering your education. When it comes to getting a grant, there are certain things that will be required of the student, like
i) The student will be required to write an essay indicating interest in the grant. Essay writing is of utmost importance when seeking for grants to study in USA for free. The student applying for a grant, when writing an essay, should make the essay to be straight to the point, concise and fact based.
ii) The student will also be required to produce evidence that the grant is essential for the students to study in the USA with any setback. Provided the student can prove to be indigent or in real need, this should not be an issue.
iii) In the grant application process examinations are generally not required, the review board only needs to ascertain the truthfulness of the students’ claims for the grant.
On the other hand of free education, we have scholarships. Scholarships are more popular than grants because they are often merit based. While the procedure for applying for a grant is as simple as writing a proposal and hoping to get picked, scholarships are more demanding. Because scholarships are merit based, most times they demand a track record of some kind. There are many kinds of scholarships that will permit a student to study free In the US, some of them are
i) Athletic scholarships – Athletic scholarships are 100% merit based scholarships, they are awarded to individuals who are exceptional in any sport, and be it soccer, rugby, football or even cycling. Other than the student being exceptional at the sport, the student is expected to maintain a certain GPA.
ii) Academic scholarship – Students that benefit for this kind of scholarship get to study in for free in the USA by sheer virtue of their intellect and academic prowess. Prestige is often associated with is scholarships and it more often than sets the pace for the students’ future career.
iii) Brand scholarships – Not as common as academic or athletic scholarship. Scholarships of this nature are more diverse and might not even be merit based. All that is needed to get this kind of scholarship is that the student has a track record. Leadership scholarship, beauty scholarships or even music scholarships all fall under the category of brand scholarship.
Grants and scholarships form the basis for a student who wants to Study In US For Free. Albeit that there are a lot of scholarships and grants for a student, the student needs to know what to do to get these opportunities, some of the things that will be required of the student are
- Resilience. The student applying for scholarships and grants may not be successful in a lot of the applications, but the student needs to keep on strategizing and applying. Sooner or later the student will get the opportunity and study in the USA for free.
- Meticulousness. One of the key distinguishing features between students who study in the USA for free and those who don’t is their attention to detail. In successfully applying for scholarships, attention to detail will often set students apart. A student that maintain a poised and organized manner when applying, most times end up successful.
Benefits of studying for free in the US:
1. Financial benefits– The financial benefits of free education is overwhelming, the free education, especially to a university in the United States of America, allows the student to have more time get other jobs. The student saves more money and has extra to pay for other emergencies that may arise during the length of their course of study.
2. Educational benefits– A person studying in the US for free has some distinct advantages over another person who pays for the education with their personal money. The student is regarded as more prestigious and accomplished because dull students are not perceived to be able to study for free.
3. Career benefits– A student studying for free in a university in the United States of America has a lot of time to learn skills and other things that will further improve their future career. The scholarship opens the successful scholar to a world of opportunities, ranging from attractive job offers to an invitation to fellowships and research groups.
Studying in the USA for free is completely achievable and realistic, the student just needs to be resilient, opportunistic and disciplined. Good luck!!
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.