How to Apply for UK Visa from Nigeria 2019 – See Guidelines.
UK Visa from Nigeria 2019… Are you interested in traveling to UK for an official appointment, education, tourism or for other reasons? This is the right place for reliable information about the general requirement and guidelines for UK visa application in Nigeria.
The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in northwestern Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.
Types of UK Visa.
A UK visa is an official document which is needed by an intending traveller to the UK for some reasons such as business, tourism, education or for permanent residency. To understand the different types of UK visa that are available in Nigeria, we will look at short stay visa as well as long stay visa. For a short visit, what is required is a visitor’s or tourist’s visa, and such form of visas include the following:
- Short-term study visa
- Marriage visitor visa
- Standard visitor visa (needed for a tourist)
- Permitted paid engagement visa
- Parent of a Tier-4 child visa.
However, for long visits, you will need the following types of visas:
- Diplomatic visas for government officials on formal assignments.
- Student visas (lasts for a period up to 3 years) for individuals that intend to study in the UK.
Student visas are of 3 types:
- Students that intend studying for less than 6 months in the UK get a short-term study visa.
- Students aged more than sixteen years that intend studying in the United Kingdom get a tier 4 (General) student visa.
- Students aged between four & seventeen years that intend studying in independent schools in the UK get a tier 4 (Child) student visa.
This applies to all types of UK visas; as a Nigerian, you need the following documents to get a UK visa:
- An application form for UK visa filed on the internet
- The appropriate visa fee
- An ECOWAS travel passport that is valid
- A recent passport-sized photograph that is colored and taken on a white background. Its dimension should be 45mm by 35mm.
For non-Nigerians, you have to present a proof of permission to be in the UK. You may employ a residence permit, green card, and others including the following:
- An invitation letter
- A copy of the page of your passport data
- Original copy of marriage certificate for people who want to travel with their partners
- Original copies of the birth certificates for parents that intend to travel with their children.
- Financial proof via a recent original statement of account
- Details of hotel bookings as well as flight bookings
- Recent utility bills.
People travelling for business or official duties are to attach these documents to their visa application:
- An invitation letter
- Phone numbers of your company
- Physical address
- Complete details of the authorized company rep.
How to Apply.
The following steps are required for UK visa applicants from Nigeria:
- Complete an online application form: You can use UK application centers sited in Abuja and Lagos to apply for the visa. Submit the required at these centers and then fill your form with ease for study and work visas or here for any other type.
- Make payment for the visa type you want: After carrying out the first step, visit the website of UK immigration to know the visa type you will be applying for. The visa fees vary based on the required type of visa.
- Schedule an appointment: You will get GWF number after taking the two steps above. A confirmation email will then be sent to you which will contain the location of your appointment with the application center for UK visa and the needed documents.
- Attend the appointment: Go to the UK visa application center for your appointment with the necessary documents.
The processing of your visa application could last for 4 – 6 days, or longer for applicant with history of crime or rejection. A premium service is also available for you to get your application processed the same day for a fee. This is how to apply for UK Visa in Nigeria, drop comments below if you have any question.
Application Center Addresses in Nigeria.
Abuja Address: UK Visas Application Centre, 3rd floor, El-Yakub Building beside Metro Plaza, Plot 1129 Zakariya Maimalari Str., Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria.
Working Hours: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Monday – Friday
Lagos Address: UK Visa Application Centre, Ground and 1st Floors, Etiebets Place, 21 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Working Hours: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Monday – Friday.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.