CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Scholarship 2019/2020.
OFID Scholarship 2019… OFID is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2019/2020.
OFID scholarships will be awarded to four students or candidates for master’s degree studies. Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID Member Countries), and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
Level/ Field of Study
The OPEC Scholarship is a Full masters scholarship open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of Development or Energy Studies such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
OFID scholarship award for international students is open to Any recognized University in the world.
The OPEC/OFID scholarships for developing countries are available to OFID member countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship. See the list of eligible developing countries for OFID Masters scholarship. OFID has 13 members.
Countries: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela. Ecuador reactivated its membership in June 2014 after a 22-year absence.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from OPEC/OFID scholarships 2019, there are other scholarships available to International students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a full-tuition scholarship of up to the US $50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution.
Eligibility OPEC/OFID scholarships 2019
To be eligible to apply for the OFID Masters Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2015, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Easiest Ways to Apply for the OPEC/OFID Scholarship 2019
Applicants must complete the online application.
Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below. All materials including the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than the deadline as stated below.
How To Apply for OPEC/OFID scholarship 2019-2020
- STEP 1: Ensure that you fulfil the OFID Scholarship AwardEligibility Criteria and all necessary documents are ready for submission.
- STEP 2:Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- STEP 3:Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- STEP 4:Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into a postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- STEP 5: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
- A completed online application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from the chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- Proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at the applicant’s present university.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Only the winner will be notified by June 2, via OFID website at www.ofid.org.
OFID scholarship 2019 Application Deadline
- Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below in Section III. All materials including the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than April 14th, 2019.
OFID scholarship 2019 Application Portal
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for more details
Sponsors: The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.