=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Apply for Plan International Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020 | www.plan-international.org.
Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalized group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1. Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Internal Audit Officer will adopt systematic and disciplined audit approaches to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control, and governance processes of Plan International Nigeria. Whilst risk management responsibility is that of the Country management, she/he is the main instrument for its implementation and improvement.
- An Internal Audit Officer is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that proper checks are carried out to ensure accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
- Under the direct supervision of the Country Internal Auditor, the Internal Audit Officer function is responsible for supporting the developing, directing, and coordinating a comprehensive internal audit program, which supports improvement of the risk management of Plan International Nigeria.
Dimension of Role
- Area of Responsibility – Borno and Adamawa (and other offices when the need arise).
- Located at Plan Maiduguri Office and reports to Country Internal Auditor.
- Support Programs and Finance systems, processes for compliance and management information.
- Risk Management and support for the proper functioning of all Plan systems.
- Carry out a full audit of an organization; including accessing risk and taking the necessary risk management steps to forestall fraud.
- Ensure control management regarding financial reliability and compliance by making sure that directions and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor actions taken by management in response to audit reviews, ensuring that all agreed audit actions and recommendations are accurate and timely implemented including Global Assurance findings.
- Work closely with external or visiting auditors and support their audit process.
- Ensure that audits are performed with due professional care and there are credible audit observations, conclusions and recommendations.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, and data
- Act objectively by giving independent advice in order to ensure legality and achieve organizational goals.
- Maintain and improve on existing open communication with the management.
- Assist to document the audit process and prepares audit findings. Also, prepare and present reports that clearly reflects the audit results.
- Assist to do a follow-up on the audit assignments giving to other auditors by Plan International Nigeria.
- Strive to continuously develop knowledge in the sector regarding rules, regulations, best practices, techniques and performance standards.
- Perform Partner audits to ensure compliance with donor and Plan’s rules and regulations.
- Keep Supervisor informed of any initiative or difficulties relating to the job’s responsibilities.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Internal Auditor or Country Director.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Accounting, or Finance (Evidence of Progress in Professional Qualification will be an added advantage)
- Proven teamwork and problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to work on multiple tasks or assignments
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Possess a high level of professionalism, integrity, and truthfulness in all dealings
- Knowledge of legal and financial systems
- Ability to do proper documentation; possess good record keeping ability
- Possession of sound independent judgment
- Possess strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations
- Possess advanced skills in computer applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP accounting software
- Strong ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
CLICK HERE for more information.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: About Plan International Nigeria, Apply for Plan International Nigeria Recruitment, Plan International Nigeria Recruitment, Plan International Nigeria Recruitment 2019, Plan International Nigeria Recruitment Application Guide