OWWA Scholarships Application Form 2020 Filipino Students Updates.
OWWA Scholarships 2020: In this page you will surely get the guidelines on how to apply for OWWA Scholarships, it application deadline, and other important details.
Level/Field of Study
The OWWA Scholarship Program is issued by OWWA which is in the Philippines.
OWWA Scholarships 2020 is open to local applicants from the Philippines who are members of OWWA.
Under the OWWA Scholarship Program, the OWWA issues out a cash grant of P30,000 per semester and pay the tuition fee directly to the university. The balance of the grants will be released to the candidate after he has submitted the grades for the semester.
Also, the selected candidate will also have access to health and accident insurance coverage of P300,000.00.
The number of offers in OWWA scholarship Program was not specified.
Eligibility for the OWWA Scholarships 2020
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Not above 21 years of age
- A Filipino citizen
- part of the upper 20% of the graduating class (an incoming freshman in college)
- not be under any other scholarship programs/grants
- have not previously taken the OWWA scholarship qualification exams
- have passed the entrance exam given by his/her choice of school to enroll in
- the only dependent of the OFW receiving this particular type of scholarship from OWWA.
- Must be a child of a married OWWA member or brother/sister of an unmarried OWWA member
- Be in good health and with good moral character
- Must have an average grade of at least 80% and belong to the upper 20% of the graduating class.
- Applicants should also pass the test administered by the Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) in October.
How to Apply for the OWWA Scholarships 2020
If you’ve screened your (dependent’s) eligibility and wish to pursue the application, you will need to prepare the following required documents to proceed:
- 2 copies of the completely filled-out application form
- 2 pcs of recent 2×2 ID photos
- Any document to validate proof of relationship to the OWWA member
- For children of OFW: NSO birth certificate
- For siblings of OFW: NSO birth certificates of both the applicant and the OFW
- For OFWs who are not married: Certificate of No Marriage
- Proof of OWWA membership of OFW (i.e. official receipt of OWWA contribution or a copy of the OWWA verification sheet)
- Form 137 for incoming college freshmen or the official transcript of records (TOR)/Grade Certificate for those already enrolled in college.
- Medical certification/clearance with proof of physical fitness (Form 2A)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form 2B)
- 2 copies of the school principal’s certification of the student’s academic distinction (to prove that the applicant belongs to the upper 20% of the class) – Form 2C
- A written statement of the parent/s specifying that the applicant has never taken the OWWA qualifying exams; has not gained substantial unit(s) in any degree course; and that the applicant does not benefit from any existing scholarship grant at the time of application. – Form 2D
- Written statement coming from the applicant specifying that he/she has neither applied for resident/immigrant status in other countries nor hold a dual citizen status, as signed and authorized by his/her parents. – Form 2E
As always, make sure that you have gathered all necessary requirements and documents prior to your application in the nearest OWWA regional office.
You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.