Tshwane University of Technology Admission Form, TUT Application Guide and Requirement.
Tshwane University of Technology Admission Form – Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) is a higher education institution in South Africa that came into being through a merger of three technikons — Technikon Northern Gauteng, Technikon North-West and Technikon Pretoria.
Tshwane University of Technology Admission Form
As the number of students registering annually grows rapidly, records show that Tshwane University of Technology caters for approximately 60,000 students and it has become the largest residential higher education institution in South Africa.
It comprises up to six satellite campuses. These campuses include Pretoria, Soshanguve, Ga-Rankuwa, Witbank (eMalahleni), Nelspruit and Polokwane campuses. Two faculties, namely the Faculties of Science and The Arts, have dedicated campuses in the Pretoria city centre.
There were 48,078 students enrolled for the year 2012 at the Tshwane University of Technology. It was estimated, for the year 2014, that the number of first year student applications the university received were around 80,000.
You too can apply.
Every university has its requirements thus, I don’t think Tshwane will be an exception.
General admission requirements for TUT
- A pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; certain programmes may require first or home language status)
- Each course has its own specific admission requirements.
- Prospective students should note that the admission requirements of individual programmes could change from year to year.
- For some programmes, students will be required to write an admission test, which will determine whether they will be admitted to the programme, or whether it will be recommended to them that they enrol for a relevant foundation course.
- The following table indicates the levels of performance required for entry to specific levels of study:
TUT Requirements NSC – Gaps your profile
Results format for the new NSC-G and the minimum admission requirements for TUT:
|Rating code||Rating Marks|
|7||Outstanding achievement||80 – 100|
|6||Meritorious achievement||70 – 79|
|5||Degree Substantial achievement||60 – 69|
|4||Diploma Adequate achievement||50 – 59|
|3||Foundation Moderate achievement||40 – 49|
|2||Elementary achievement||30 – 39|
|1||Not achieved||0 – 29|
Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy?
All learners are required to take one of the two subjects for NSC-G purposes
- Mathematics is relevant to programmes that require a prior knowledge of mathematics; all others may only require Mathematical Literacy. (Details of what each subject entails can be determined by looking at the DoE curriculum statements, available on the DoE website).
CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION
- 15 May for courses that start in July of the same year.
- 15 June for Correctional Services Management, Dental Technology, Biomedical Technology, B Tech Nursing, Medical
Orthotics and Prosthetics, Policing, Pharmacy and Radiography, Road Traffic
and Municipal Police Management: Municipal and Traffic Policing.
- 15 June for all international applicants
- 31 July Agriculture: Animal Production, Agriculture: Commercial Mixed Farming, Agriculture: Crop Production, Agriculture: Development and Extension, Analytical Chemistry, Architecture: Professional, Dental Assisting, Bio kinetics, Biotechnology, Business Communication, Clinical Technology, Economic Management Analysis, Engineering: Civil, (B Tech’s), Engineering: Chemical, Engineering: Metallurgical, Environmental Health, Fire Technology, Geology, International Communication, Journalism, Legal Assistance, Nature Conservation, Officiating and Coaching Science, Project Management, Public Relations Management, Quality, Sport and Exercise Technology, Somatology, Three-Dimensional Design, Veterinary Technology, all qualifications in the Arts Faculty and Education.
- 30 September for all other courses.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications open on 1 March every year.
For hard-copy applications follow the school official website and complete the application form. You need to submit this form, along with all other necessary documents, to the following address:
For postal submission
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Private Bag X680 Pretoria 0001
- Central Admissions Office
- Building 21-LG20
- Pretoria Campus
- Staatsartillerie Road
- Pretoria West.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Tshwane University of Technology Admission Form 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: 2018 TUT Application Guide, 2018/2019 Tshwane University of Technology Admission, Tshwane University of Technology, Tshwane University of Technology Admission, Tshwane University of Technology Admission Form, Tshwane University of Technology Admission Form 2018, Tshwane University of Technology Admission Requirement, TUT Application Form 2018, TUT Application Guide