=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Study Abroad Programs in Turkey – Are you aware that when it comes to education, Turkey offers too many advantages to international students, more than any country in the world?
Turkey is a transcontinental country located mainly in Western Asia, with a smaller portion on the Balkan Peninsula in Southeast Europe.
Approximately 70 to 80 per cent of the country’s citizens identify as Turkish. Kurds are the largest minority; the size of the Kurdish population is a subject of dispute with estimates placing the figure at anywhere from 12 to 25 percent of the population.
For over the years, Turkey has sat at the heart of some of the greatest European and Middle Eastern civilizations ever known. With this increased attraction in recent years, Turkey’s educational system has also been spotlighted as an optimal destination for studying history, politics, languages, sciences and more.
Travelling to study abroad in Turkey is your opportunity to learn all about this fascinating region in depth, while immersing yourself in one of the world’s most important and dynamic countries. This article is going to show you some the study programs that Turkey has for international students.
1. USAC TURKEY: Istanbul – Undergraduate Courses
The Istanbul program is ideal for students who are interested in studying in a city rich in nature, history, and culture at the literal crossroads of the world, where Europe meets Asia. Named the 2010 European Capital of Culture, Istanbul is an excellent location to study and immerse in a culture that is simultaneously ancient and modern.
Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey, and the third-largest in the world, and its 5,000 years of culture and history co-mingles with a modern, vibrant, cosmopolitan energy. You can enroll at Bahcesehir University in a variety of disciplines for a semester or full year.
Students are encouraged to take the included Turkish for Beginners course as well as courses from disciplines including Architecture and Design, Arts and Sciences, Communication, Economics, Engineering, and Law.
- Take courses from a variety of disciplines, including Architecture and Design, Arts and Sciences, Communication, Economics, Engineering, and Law.
- Experience a culture rooted in thousands of years of history and influenced by countless civilization.
- Benefit from Istanbul’s mixture of culture, art, and religion from both east and west.
- Explore Istanbul’s cultural, archaeological, and historical sites, such as magnificent palaces, fountains, tombs, Turkish baths, churches, mosques, cisterns, and city walls that remain from the Byzantine period.
- Enjoy Turkish cuisine, renowned as some of the world’s best.
2. Study Abroad in Turkey
Get ready to embark on a journey of discovery. A Youth For Understanding USA (YFU) study abroad program is an experience that will immerse you in the lives, cultures, and communities of a real family in one of more than 40 countries around the globe.
An adventure where you’ll learn—in a year, semester, or a summer—what life is like for teens in another part of the world. An experience that will change you and your view of our planet forever.
A YFU exchange program is the learning adventure of a lifetime. YFU is a homestay experience where you live with a carefully selected host family who has agreed to open their home and their hearts to you; providing room, board, and a caring home.
You’ll gain a global family, make new friends, and even attend a new school on academic programs. Have a journey you could have never imagines at home, and you’ll discover that the YFU experience is a powerful engine for personal growth.
Turkey is a country with a complex history whose cultures and geography bridge the East with the West. The Anatolian Peninsula, which comprises much of modern day Turkey, connects Asia with Europe and has been used as a crossroads for trade and culture for centuries.
From the Aegean to the Black Sea, Turkey will no doubt expose you to a unique blend of cultures as interesting as its location!
- Explore Turkey Summer program with cultural expeditions to Istanbul
- National, Regional and Corporate scholarship opportunities available.
3. Turkish Experience Program
Turkish Experience Program aims to study the development process in various fields through a review of best practices through a journey of discovery in Turkey. It is a practical program encompassing several activities, such as leadership training and field visits.
It also offers you the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills within a practical environment. The entire experience focuses on training leaders on economic development methods and skills.
The Turkish Experience in the renaissance of the state and society is one of the most important models in the region, which have seen a distinction in the local and decentralization authority over the past years. This succeeded to provide a pioneered development model at both regional and global levels, owing to serious efforts and hard work.
- Gain practical experience in Turkey’s national development process.
- Visit Turkish technology factories during field visits.
- Discover the beauty of Istanbul through trips and excursions!
- Learn more about Turkish culture and customs.
- Meet and learn from young Turk leaders.
4. Traditional Dance Workshops
- Have the opportunity to dance together with our qualified professionals.
- Experience cultural immersion and get to know a country and its people.
- Learn the origins of a particular traditional dance with our mentors and co-students.
- Enhance your skills and knowledge during this life-enriching experience.
- Get a chance to visit the different tourist spots and learn the language while travelling.
5. London Istanbul Courses (The Dual City Summer Sessions)
A new international short course from Central Saint Martins College of Arts and Design in London in collaboration with Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University in Istanbul, Turkey, comparing two fascinating and creative cultures, looking at complementary art and design subjects from different viewpoints: Course areas include Architecture and Urban Planning, Graphic Design and Textiles.
The iconic cities of London and Istanbul stand at opposite ends of Europe each as a gatekeeper to ancient crafts and traditions that have had a profound global influence.
Discover these cities from an insider viewpoint with our experienced local tutors who bring these dynamic cities alive linking you from the artisans of the past to the cutting edge practitioners of the future.
Location: London, United Kingdom; Istanbul, Turkey
6. Arabic Turkish English
AVRASYAAKADEMI is a Training Center in Istanbul, Turkey. We provide high quality general English , Turkish and Arabic courses, academic writing, presentation skills, and job interview skills.
AVRASYAAKADEMI offers courses from beginner to advanced levels taught by experienced and qualified native and non-native teachers using cutting-edge teaching aids such as interactive
For Arabic Students We offer six-level courses for long-term students, through a 12-week course program, and short-term students, through flexible lesson structures.
Students get the opportunity to learn and practice Arabic for real-life contextsand to meet their academic needs covering all four language skills: speaking, writing, reading, and listening.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
7. AFS Intercultural Programs in Turkey
AFS (formerly the American Field Service) is a leader in intercultural learning and offers international exchange programs in more than 40 countries around the world. We’ve been exchanging students throughout the world for 60 years.
That is six decades of history and experience in international education with an exemplary record of safety, security, and service to students, parents, and educators. AFS Mission: AFS-USA works toward a more just and peaceful world by providing international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities through a global volunteer partnership.
AFS offers year and summer programs to destinations throughout Turkey. AFS is currently offering hundreds of scholarships for students flexible with their country choice and ready for an adventure.
Location: Ankara, Turkey
8. Turkish Language Study
Europe or Asia? You decide when you spend a month this summer in Istanbul, Turkey. Located on two continents, Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey, rich in history and culture.
Credits Undergraduate Earn a total of 6 language credits in Turkish. Housing On campus in dormitories. Excursions Cultural excursions and historical tours Optional weekend excursion at additional cost.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
9. Urban Political Ecology on the Road: City’s Nature and Nature’s City through Istanbul
The class will be focusing on how the contemporary city depends upon its natural surrounding not only for agricultural output and land conversion, but also how natural resources shape the city’s landscape, establish and reinforce socio-spatial inequalities as well as how urban commons have recently become a battleground over which dominant urban strategies are being contested.
As a part of on the road concept the flow of the class will adopt a hands-on approach to the city and benefit from a series of guided fieldworks as well as readings and discussions.
Are you a grad student or a young professional interested in urban political ecology? Koç University offers exactly what you need this summer! The Graduate Summer Seminar program is not only a chance of having a very interesting and intense global academic experience with a hands-on approach to the city, but also of discovering a dynamic, vibrant, attractive city like Istanbul.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
10. GSU – Media, Journalism and Business in a Global World
Georgia State offers many summer and maymester programs led and taught by Georgia State professors. These programs tend to be focused on a particular topic or theme and range from 10 to 20 participants, though some are larger.
Students participate in lectures, site visits, excursions, and tours as part of the program. These programs usually last between two and six weeks.
Students find these programs a great way to really get to know their professors and other GSU students while earning GSU credits and grades. Students do not have to study on a program related to their major, but they certainly can.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
11. Istanbul (History, Political Science, and Religion)
Historic, enchanting Istanbul, Turkey opens the door for students to thoroughly explore one of the world’s most magnificent, beautiful, and vibrant cities. As the former capital of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires, the city has many of the most important and stunning architectural monuments of these great Empires.
The city was built on the shores of the Bosphorus and the Sea of Marmara. These beautiful bodies of water continue to define the life of the city from its fabulous food to its mode of transportation.
The program incorporates weekly excursions in Istanbul and an excursion to the Aegean coast as well as visits to historic and cultural sites such as Pergamum, Troy, and Gallipoli. The Turkey Program will last four weeks.
Location: Location:Istanbul, Turkey
12. MEF University
MEF University is a non-profit foundation university located in Istanbul know for its international outlook, high academic standards, dynamic and accessible management approach and environmentally-conscious approach in creating its physical infrastructure.
MEF University responds to the requirements of the current century with its state-of-the-art academic programs and innovative student-centered teaching methods.
The mission of MEF University is to graduate internationally competitive, forward-thinking students and to bring together research-oriented, leading scholars who will make globally significant contribution to science and technology.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
13. Lexia Study Abroad: Istanbul – Area Studies and Culture
Based at the Bogazici University, the Lexia in Istanbul program introduces students to the history, politics, economics, art, archeology, and architecture of Turkey.
Lexia Istanbul introduces students to the missions and activities of humanitarian organizations working in Istanbul and internationally.
Coursework, language training, excursions, and field research study exercises and projects help students to understand Turkish culture, international issues and projects, and the Eastern-Mediterranean region.
The Istanbul program supports interaction and dialogue between Lexia participants and Turkish faculty and students whenever possible. It also encourages participation in Turkish community events, institutions and family life.
No prior knowledge of Turkish is required, as most coursework is in English. Language instruction during the first month of the program is taught intensively to help students develop the language skills and confidence to live and study in, and integrate themselves into, the Turkish community.
Location: Ankara, Turkey
14. Chalmers Turkish Student Challenge
Program Description: Sweden’s Chalmers University of Technology is offering a travel grant to their beautiful campus! See what you can do with engineering, architecture and business.
Location: Ankara, Turkey; Goeteborg, Sweden
15. Turkey Exchange Istanbul & Ankara
Program Description: Politics in the Field, an initiative of the International Forum for Democracy and Peace, offers a unique political trip to Turkey to experience the country’s newly ascertained political culture, economic power, and regional as well as international role in the world, first hand.
Turkey seeks to pursue an active role in its region, however, the debates about Turkey’s newly proactive foreign policy are predominantly carried out by western and global media outlets. The participants will be allowed to make their own decisions about Turkey’s new political role via dialogue with some of Turkey’s leaders themselves.
Location: Ankara, Turkey; Istanbul, Turkey
16. Art Treasures of Konya: Medieval Islamic Art and Architecture,Necmettin Erbakan University Summer School, Konya, Turkey
Program Description: This course offers the unique opportunity to study the spectacular examples of medieval Islamic art and architecture of Konya on site.
The city, once the capital of the Anatolian Seljuk dynasty and an important stop on several trade routes, hosts a number of important buildings from the Seljuk, Mongol and Karamanid periods.
The course will combine lectures and many field trips to monuments and museums in Konya, taking full advantage of the opportunity to study art in context.
Location: Konya, Turkey
17. MEI Academy- Ancient World Odyssey
Program Description: The educators at MEI have researched the best interactive teaching locations and methods and have integrated them into the Ancient World Odyssey curriculum.
Imagine standing in the sands of the Colosseum, studying on the steps of the Parthenon, or walking the cobblestoned streets of Constantine’s ancient capital. At MEI, there are no walls, no desks, and no blackboards – just the world.
Program Details: Earn Grade 12 Credits in Classic Civilization or Grade 11/12 English credits while traveling Istanbul, Troy, Athens, The Peloponnese, Olympia, Rome, Florence and Venice!
Location: Ankara, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Rome, Italy
- Program Description
- This Brooklyn College study abroad program takes students from the Ottoman past to the modern history of Turkey.
- With fascinating visits to historical cites(including mosques, synagogues, museums, Edirne etc) and meetings with various individuals and social groups to learn more about issues relevant to modern turkey. Participants stay in hotel located in European side of Istanbul.
- The unique opportunity to explore Turkey through the Past and the Present Visit various historical cites and speak with top individuals relate to modern history of Turkey.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Program Description: Yasar University offers an exciting opportunity for international students who are looking for an enriching academic experience. As more and more international students continue to look to Turkey for study abroad options, many have been attracted to Yasar University’s growing national and international profile.
- Established in 2001 and located in the coastal city of Izmir, Yasar University brings students into the heart of Turkish-Aegean lifestyle and culture to deliver a quality and prestigious education.
Students from all over the world are welcome to study at Yasar University. Full degree, transfer and visiting students are invited to Yasar University. Contact the Yasar University International Office at our the website for details on how to apply and for a complete program list.
- Location: Izmir, Turkey
- Türkçe Atölyesi, is in Asmalimescit, one of the most historical, accessible and lively areas of Istanbul’s Beyoglu district. The center was established with the aim of offering foreigners the chance to learn Turkish, a language with a very different structure from most Western languages, in the best possible way.
- Our main reason for setting up this center was that we felt the need for a different method of teaching Turkish from those that have been used until now.
- We believe that teaching methods should be prepared with the mathematical structure of Turkish in mind, making the most of the teachability of this mathematical language.
- With our system you will see that with very few grammatical rules you can create a great variety of meaning, and you will discover that every new grammatical rule that you learn is part of a very logical and understandable structure, something that will help you to understand the language as a whole.
- In order for us to our work as teachers, we aim to ensure that our students to use their study time both in and out of class in the most enjoyable and productive way possible.
- Our school is both spacious and homely and is in the ideal location for students to discover Turkish culture and soak up the magical atmosphere and cultural mosaic of the city, as they look out on Istanbul’s historical peninsula and Beyoglu’s lively landscape.
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- CSN Team.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: academic studies in turkey, medical universities in turkey, study abroad programs for college students, study abroad turkey summer, study in turkey, study in turkey in english, turkey study abroad scholarship, universities in turkey for international students