BMI Foundation John Lennon Scholarship – How to Apply for BMI Foundation John Lennon Scholarship.
The BMI Foundation is offering John Lennon Scholarship program in the memory of one of the preeminent songwriters of the 20th century John Lennon. The John Lennon Scholarship is an annual competition open to student songwriters and composers of contemporary musical genres including alternative, pop, rock, indie, electronic, R&B, and experimental. Three scholarships totaling $20,000 are presented annually for the best original songs in any musical genre.
The BMI Foundation is a nonprofit that was founded in 1985. It supports the creation, performance, and study of music through awards, scholarships, grants, and commissions.
In order to be eligible for the competition, all applicants must be:
- Current full-time or part-time students of a U.S. college or university.
- Students who have been accepted to a U.S. college or university for future enrollment are not eligible.
- Between the ages of 17 and 24, as of February 15th, 2016.
- Potential first-time winners of the competition: former winners (other than Honorable Mention) of the John Lennon Scholarships are not eligible to enter the competition.
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, the candidates must submit on-line scholarship application form through the given link: https://bmifoundation.org/applications/form/john_lennon_scholarships_application
- Applicants may submit only one song to the competition.
- The submitted work must be an original song with lyrics accompanied by whatever instrumentation is chosen by the applicant. Both lyrics and music must be original and not based on any prior work.
- The entry must be submitted on-line
- The entry must be submitted as a MP3 or MP4a file, which should be named only with the title of the song.
- One copy of the lyrics must also be submitted as a PDF.
- Neither of these items may indicate the name of the applicant or their school.
- Applicants should retain copies of their recordings and lyrics since the Foundation will not undertake to return materials.
- Three scholarships totaling $20,000 will be available for the 2016 competition.
- The BMI Foundation shall have the right (but shall have no obligation) to license up to three public performances of a winning composition and authorize appropriate musical arrangements to be made for such performances.
Applications must be submitted online no later than February 15th, 2017. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For more information visit this link http://bmifoundation.org/programs/info/john_lennon_scholarships
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: BMI Foundation John Lennon Scholarship, BMI Foundation John Lennon Scholarship Guide, Check BMI Foundation John Lennon Scholarship Details, How to Apply for BMI Foundation John Lennon Scholarship, USA Scholarship