Ghent University Department of Biotechnology PhD Student Fellowship in Belgium 2019 and How to Apply
CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Department of Biotechnology PhD Student Fellowship at Ghent University in Belgium 2019 and How to Apply
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualify candidates for Ghent University Department of Biotechnology PhD Student Fellowship in Belgium 2019. Deadline for Submitting of applications for this scholarship is 15th December 2018. See more details below;
Ghent University Department of Biotechnology PhD Student Fellowship
The Ghent University is inviting applications for PhD Student Fellowship for those who have Master degree in Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering from one of the countries of the EU, the EER or Switzerland.
The goal is to both examine fundamental aspects of transporter enzymes like their specificities towards different substrates and catalytic properties and at the same time develop platform systems for advanced export in synthetic biology systems. Suggestions by the candidate related to these topics are highly appreciated. The PhD Fellowship fundamental research is the most important funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
- Applications Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded within the Department of Biotechnology.
- Scholarship Award:
- Net scholarship amount: minimum € 1,897.76
- Fixed bench fee: €3,720 per year
- Nationality:Fellowships are available to students from EU, the EER or Switzerland.
- Number of Scholarships: For the funding limited number of fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available to students from EU, the EER or Switzerland.
Entrance Requirements: The scholarships are highly competitive and require strong input from the candidate. Hence, we are looking for a candidate eager to obtain a PhD and fascinated by research in an academic set-up.
Please see other requirements below:
- You have a master degree in Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering from one of the countries of the EU, the EER or Switzerland.
- You have obtained this degree with at least ‘distinction’ (cum laude), and no longer than 3 years ago calculating from 01/03/2019.
- You have not previously received a FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- At the beginning of the fellowship (November 1st, 2019), you have no more than 18 months of scientific experience.
- Experience with molecular biology and microbiology is essential
- Experience with industrial biotechnology or biochemistry is a plus
- Being fluent in English is essential, knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- You proved to have scientific maturity and independence
- You are creative, can think out of the box and have a pioneering spirit
- You are able to deal with failure
- You are a team player
English Language Requirements: Being fluent in English is essential; knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
How to Apply:
Please check the detailed eligibility criteria at the FWO website yourself before applying for this position. Non-eligible candidates will not get a reply.
If you are an eligible candidate, are enthusiastic about this subject and are interested in joining our BioPort team, please send your motivation letter and CV(including study results, thesis research topic, contact information of possible referee persons and a recent picture of yourself) to Prof. Dr. ir. Inge Van Bogaert (Inge.VanBogaert-at-ugent.be) before December 15th, 2018. Please use the reference Application_START.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.