Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship 2018 and How to Apply.
Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship 2018… Western Union Foundation, Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship 2018, How to Apply for Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship. See more details below;
Western Union Foundation is currently accepting applications for its 2018 Global Scholarship Program designed to support young people and their efforts to pursue a post-secondary education. You don’t need to be a Western Union customer or use Western Union services to be qualified.
The Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program, also referred to as WU Scholars program, was created to help give young people a boost toward a better life. The Western Union Foundation believes education is the surest path to economic opportunity. Educational pursuits to gain knowledge and skills for in-demand, 21st century careers are helping people all over the world climb the economic ladder.
The Institute of International Education, Inc. (IIE), a US non-profit, administers the program on behalf of the Western Union Foundation and its contributors.
Selected scholarship recipients will receive USD $2,500 each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution and will be selected based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community.
NB: you do not need to be a Western Union customer or use Western Union services to be eligible.
- Scholarships must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution seeking an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2018.
- Application must be submitted in English. Translation services may be used to help non-English speakers submit. You will not be penalized for basic errors.
- Must be able to demonstrate admittance to an accredited post-secondary institution or have applied for admittance.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. If a teacher or professor is unable to submit a recommendation on your behalf, you may also use someone who has supervised you in a youth/community group, volunteer position, job/employment situation, etc.
- Scholarships must be used on programs resulting in an undergraduate degree. Specialized academic programs (study abroad term, stand-alone language acquisition course, service learning, etc.) are not permitted.
- Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, PhD, JD, etc.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or for school supplies.
- Immediate family members of controlling officers in Western Union, any of its affiliates and non-affiliated nonprofit entities, or its Agents are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program. All other employees and their family members who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply.
Scholarship Key Dates.
- Application Period Opens: Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Application Period Closes: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 12:00pm EST
- Selection and Notification to All Applicants: July 2018
How to Apply
Follow the link below to apply for and learn more about the Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: How to Apply for 2018 Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship, Western Union, Western Union Foundation, Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship, Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship 2018, Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Application Requirements