Dalai Lama Fellows Program 2020 – Applications are invited from next-generation leaders between the age of 20-35 years for the 2020 Dalai Lama Fellowship Programme. Applications closes on 5th January, 2020.
The Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) experience is an immersive, year-long commitment that mentors each Fellow through a leadership curriculum inspired by exemplary leaders like the Dalai Lama.
This curriculum will help you become more mindful, increase awareness of your inner values and how they relate to your work, deeply connect with people around you, and provide new ways of building sustainable solutions to complex problems.
Dalai Lama Fellows offers emerging leaders a rigorous, interdisciplinary program on ways to be a different kind of leader, a leader that connects and cares for self, extends genuine compassion to others, and works for our common humanity.
Fellows learn practices for increasing self-awareness, self-care, and resilience, for connecting with others and working across differences, and in building solutions for generations to come.
Over the course of a year, with the support of mentors and coaches, each Fellow implements an original Field Project addressing a global challenge. Upon graduation, Fellows join a LifeLong Community, where they connect with and support each other while continuing to advance their leadership journeys.
Dalai Lama Fellows Program Eligibility
- Be a next-generation leader who is between 20-35 years old
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year
- Current engagement (or well-articulated plans) for a social change project in one’s local community and sustained engagement throughout the fellowship year
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community
- Commitment to participate in the online learning platform, coaching calls, etc.
- Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in mid-June 2020 (Dalai Lama Fellows will cover all
- travel, lodging, and meals for the assembly.
- Dalai Lama Fellows will cover all travel, lodging, and meals for the assembly
Benefits of Dalai Lama Fellows Program
They provide each Project Fellow with:
- Immersion in the distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands online leadership curriculum;
- One-on-one and small-group coaching to support their projects in social change and personal development as contemplative and collaborative leaders;
- Participation in the Contemplative Leadership Assembly with Fellows from around the world and dynamic faculty; and
- LifeLong affiliation in the global learning community and support system.
How to Apply for Dalai Lama Fellows Program
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
- Applicant Background and Overview
- Essay Questions
- Your Resume/CV
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Application Video
Tips for Successful Application
- Be Authentic: As you reflect on and respond to application questions, they encourage you to avoid telling them just what you think they want to hear. Be authentic with yourself and share that authenticity with their team.
- Be Courageous: This application is an opportunity to reflect on how you can grow as a leader. Be courageously bold, imagine the kind of leader you can become, and tell the organizers about it.
- Be Thoughtful: Take time to respond to each question. Save drafts. Share reflections with trusted friends and colleagues. The most successful applications are not only well written but demonstrate thoughtfulness and introspection.
- Save an Offline Copy: They recommend that you first review the entire application form and then spend time offline composing your responses in Google Docs or Microsoft Word. Be sure to save an offline copy in case of a technological error or broken connection.
For more information about Dalai Lama Fellowship CLICK HERE.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.