Action Against Hunger Recruitment for IYCF Assistant.
Action Against Hunger Job Vacancy for IYCF Assistant… Action Against Hunger is recruiting for IYCF Assistant. The ideal candidate must possess minimum of a Diploma in Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or Nutrition.
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IYCF Assistant
Location: Fika/Machina, Yobe State
- The positions are based in Fika and Machina, Yobe State respectively and reports to the IYCF Officer.
- The IYCF Assistant is required to implement nutrition interventions at the community level.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings and trainings during community led nutrition activities.
- Collect information and data on nutrition at community level rough screening and other assessments.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of Community Management of Acute Malnutrition(CMAM), Care Group Model (CGM), and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities with support from the nutrition officer
- Create awareness and sensitize the community on IYCF practices, malnutrition, and the causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
- Support in the implementation of CMAM activities by capacity building of Health workers and Community Volunteers (CVs) both at the community and facility level.
- Actively participate in scaling up of surveillance activities at community level to ensure monitoring of situation.
- Participate in periodic Mass MUAC screening as part of routine program activities.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM and IYCF with support from MOH, community volunteers, traditional leaders, religious leaders and other stakeholders at LGA level.
- Coordinate all activities very closely and in collaboration with Ministry of Health, LGA team and other key stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or Nutrition.
- Minimum of one year experience in Nutrition and SBCC approach- IYCF and CGM
- Excellent report-writing skills including Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate discussions and meetings.
- Ability to provide quality feedback on the activities.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aim, values and principles.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 6th July, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.