CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Apply for Oxfam Job in Nigeria for a Policy Lead – jobs.oxfam.org.uk;
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change. Together we are working to achieve our vision of ‘a just world without poverty’ and to be a powerful partner in global and local communities of people connected for change.
Oxfam is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Policy Lead
Ref No: INT2889
Location: Abuja, Nigeria, with frequent travel in Nigeria, Chad and Niger
Contract Type: 6 month contract with possibility of extension
Hours: Full time
- To campaign with others for an effective humanitarian and protection response to the Lake Chad Basin crisis and to help address the drivers of conflict
- To drive Oxfam’s humanitarian policy and advocacy on the Lake Chad Basin – a priority regional response within Oxfam’s ‘Rights in Crisis’ campaign.
- This will involve leading Oxfam’s analysis, research, policy development and strategy on three countries- Nigeria, Niger and Chad.
- It will also include in-country and global lobby, external representation and alliance building.
- The post holder will work with Oxfam programme staff and partners in country and colleagues in capitals across the world, leading and contributing to Oxfam’s regional and global policy development.
- Focus areas include ensuring that the people in areas affected by the humanitarian crisis can access life-saving humanitarian aid and are protected from violence.
Lead Oxfam’s Lake Chad Basin policy development:
- Provide humanitarian policy leadership for Oxfam’s Lake Chad Basin response
- Develop analysis and policy with close attention to the local, national, regional and international context bringing coherence and an overall framework to Oxfam’s policy direction in Niger, Chad and Nigeria
- Contribute and drive forward Oxfam’s advocacy strategy in response to contextual shifts
Lead Oxfam’s advocacy strategy in country and in key capitals:
- Build alliances and networks with national, regional and international actors
- Represent Oxfam to externally to donors, diplomats, UN and government officials as required
- Lobby in target capitals as required
- Work with campaigns, media and communication colleagues to ensure that messaging is coherent and creative
Manage and/or develop key policy products:
- Develop key policy documents including regularly updated talking points, internal and external briefings, lobby notes and briefing papers as required
- Work with allies in country to develop quality joint policy products as required and in line with Oxfam’s strategy
- Commission and manage research reports or work with others to ensure high quality products
Contribute to Oxfam’s regional and global policy development:
- Provide policy input to policy and campaigns development, particularly on Oxfam’s work on global migration
- Contribute through case studies, examples and analysis to Oxfam’s global policy debates.
We are Looking For
Skills and Competence:
- At least 5 years’ work experience, including policy development, networking and alliance building with other agencies (Essential)
- Flexibility, stamina and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, to work unsociable hours as necessary and to travel for up to 40% of time. (E)
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment. (E)
- Proven collaborative, and self-management and people management skills, including flexibility and respect for others. (E)
- Ability to model Oxfam’s values (empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness) with staff, partners, allies and other stakeholders. (E)
- Awareness and understanding of the role of traditional and social media. (D)
- Experience of being a media spokesperson and briefing journalists. (D)
- Proven ability in developing and implementing advocacy strategies (E)
- Excellent representational and lobbying skills, and experience of advocacy with senior decision-makers. (E)
- Experience of driving policy development in crisis situations, with a strong preference that this in the conflict/humanitarian field (E)
- Education in social sciences to degree level, or equivalent (E).
- Post-graduate and other training qualifications desirable (Desirable)
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, and ability to think/operate innovatively independently and work as part of a remote team (E)
- Experience in management or matrix management (D) and capacity building. (E)
- Excellent oral communications skills in English and French. Ability to write substantial in depth analysis in one language, and a minimum of written competency in the other. (E)
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues and proven commitment to and evidence of promoting gender equity. (E)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This is an urgent recruitment for a high priority humanitarian response. For this reason, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and priority will be given to those who are available to travel to Nigeria immediately.
- Please indicate your availability in your application. Interviews and offers may take place before the closing date
Application Deadline 14th October 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.