Apply Now For Advocacy Coordinator Job at Women for Women International (WfWI) – 2019.
In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Advocacy Coordinator
The Advocacy Coordinator will play a central role in supporting Change Agents, and coordinating community and national advocacy efforts. The successful candidate must be one who understands and is experienced in advocacy, and who is highly organized.
This position will be located in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria and reports to the Social Empowerment Manager.
Change Agent Program Implementation and Support:
- Adapting the Change Agent curriculum to the local context.
- Work with Change Agents to develop ‘work plans’ for their advocacy efforts and provide frameworks to support planning and monitoring advocacy activities.
- Manage the annual meeting with Change Agents which will be to support peer-to-peer learning, and for organizational review and learning of the program.
- Work with NGO partners to ensure that there are opportunities for Change Agents to become involved in the planning of joint-advocacy strategies.
Joint-Advocacy in Communities:
- Manage the relationship with NGOs to support advocacy activities that seek to affect change at the community level.
- Collaborate with partners to develop annual joint-advocacy plans and ensure the inclusion of specific and measurable objectives which focus on VAW and WEE as well as other relevant activities for marginalized women in communities (i.e. WfWI participants/graduates).
- Ensure that WfWI participants/graduates are consulted in the development of plans in line with the progress of grants.
Joint-Advocacy with National NGOs/Partners:
- Map out potential national advocacy partners for national-level advocacy (e.g. targeting national laws or government policy).
- Lead on developing partnerships with potential national advocacy partners and building engagement with them on VAW and WEE issues.
- Coordinate consultations with WfWI participants/graduates and national partners to ensure that advocacy objectives are more sensitive/inclusive to the needs of marginalized women.
Inform Key Influencers And Local Donors:
- Map out and build connections with influencers and foreign officials to identify targets for WfWI to build relationships with and also develop a baseline of statements that relate to VAW and WEE by these individuals.
- Continue to monitor targets’ statements (on VAW and WEE) to measure change.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor Degree in social science or related field.
- Five (5) years of professional experience; preferably working with an NGO.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise, paying attention to details.
- Established competence in negotiation and influence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Applications.
- Strong written and oral skills in English and local language.
- Support the creation of a conducive learning environment within the organisation.
CLICK HERE for more information.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Women for Women International Recruitment 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email address in the comment box below.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.