=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Apply Now for Experienced Job Position at Citibank Nigeria Limited;
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Citibank Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Market Operations Control Lead
Job ID: 16053832
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
- Independently assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective actions required.
- Highlight to senior management all concerns arising from failure of controls that could result in losses and/or reputational risks.
- Understand and accurately evaluate risks and controls as they relate to business objectives.
- Use available technology and automation tools to appropriately improve processes within the department and business in general.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business and to acquire greater knowledge of the products and processes.
- Implement the Fraud Management program appropriate for the business in conjunction with BUFM and CSIS.
- Develop and report on control metrics that facilitate management oversight over operations.
- Monitor and ensure the execution of corrective action plans (CAPs), remediation of audit and regulatory issues and ensure compliance with policies, established procedures and best practices by the Market Operations function, country and legal vehicle.
- Ensure that the reviews conducted have a corrective action follow up mechanism through i-caps.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and local policy as well as local and global regulatory environment.
- Participate in all aspects of assessments, in accordance with Internal Audit standards and/or regulatory statutes.
- Participate in training and developing other staff in audit, risk assessment techniques and accounting principles.
- Responsible for maintaining the Market Operations control framework across the cluster to identify and reduce operational risk.
- Planning the control reviews by selecting the appropriate quality assurance approach, methodology and preparing the test plan that best suits the product and process.
- Influencing the design and improvement of processes to ensure that appropriate controls exist to manage risks efficiently.
- Participate in evaluating Strategic and Tactical Change; Policy and Process updates; Regulatory requirements etc.
- Management / Oversight of Corrective Action Plan remediation process
- Proactive audit support; Health checks, identification of thematic issues etc.
- Ensuring that significant Risks are identified and escalated in a timely manner via Control Governance Channels
- Responsible for communicating emerging issues to management and following through on unresolved issues.
- Co-ordinate and undertake training of staff on controls related subjects and role of Operations Control.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control by Analysing/flowcharting the different processes in order to evaluate controls, identify inefficient processes.
- Conduct controls related reviews in accordance with the Gold Copy controls plan and test plans approved by the Operations Control function. Perform analytical reviews and check adherence to corporate policies.
- Preparing controls assessment reports for senior management, discussing issues with relevant business unit heads.
- Promote efficiency in the utilization of corporate resources.
- Participate in regional assignments relating to peer reviews and provide assistance to other countries in the cluster when the need arises, such as Internal Audit Preparation.
- Support the wider Operations Control strategy
- Promotion of a control culture within the Operations division
- Co-ordinating the Operations and Technology self-assessment (MCAs) and DCFCs processes for the bank.
- Assist the Fraud Manager on handling, investigating and reporting of fraud incidents and attempts.
- Ensure that all performance indicators/KRIs for management from Operations Control are availed as and when required.
- Any other function/duty or responsibility that may be assigned from time to time as deemed appropriate by the business.
- SCOOs/Country OandT Heads Audit preparation, Market Operations MCA, Controls testing reports and plan
- Market Operations function heads in the countries and Processing Hub Monitoring effectiveness of controls; status of issues and progress on corrective actions.
- Operations Control Officers in the countries and administration hubs Sharing information, sharing and ensuring best practice, rendering reports.
- Regulators – Response to audit queries; inquiries regarding our securities and accounts with the Central Bank/Central Depositories for securities.
- Clients/Professional counterparties – Confirmations with respect to FX/MM contracts/Market trades/Securities
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduate experience
- Must have served at least 3 years on AVP/C12 level
- Must have served in at least 3 major areas of Banking Operations.
- Audit/controls experience
- Proficient in metrics/KRIs assessment and reporting
- At least 10 years banking experience including processing experience in an ICG Markets product line such as FX, Money Market, Loans, Fixed Income, Derivatives or Equities.
- University Degree in Accounting, Business related discipline, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent plus a relevant higher degree or professional qualification.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Good communication and relationship skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Willingness to Act with urgency, courage and conviction
- Good articulation of issues/events
- Willingness to question/challenge existing processes and ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to Work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to Plan and execute various control reviews and discuss issues and corrective actions with department heads.
- Organizational skills to prepare departments for Audit, Peer and Conformance reviews.
- Organizational skills to coordinate self-assessment processes for multiple geographies.
- Ability to handle complex and varied work assignments requiring frequent careful decision making in timing and sequence of procedures and steps.
- Ability to perform thorough root-cause analysis of events and to analyse different processes to evaluate controls.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Citibank Nigeria Limited