Apply Now for Jhpiego Job in Nigeria for a Technical Director, Programs;
Jhpiego – We are proud of our contribution to improving the health of women and children throughout the world and recognize that our leadership position in international public health is due to the excellence and dedication of our staff, both in the field and in our Baltimore headquarters.
Job Title: Technical Director, Programs
- The Technical Director, Programs will provide technical oversight and direction for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria.
- The Technical Director, Programs will lead the overall design of technical interventions to integrate HIV in the health care system and assist the government to bring it to scale.
- The Technical Director, Programs will design and oversee the annual phasing in of activities in the work plan and will coordinate technical implementation of all program activities, including capacity building, monitoring and evaluation and quality improvement.
- The Technical Director, Programs will work in close collaboration with CDC/Nigeria, relevant ministries, PEPFAR implementing partners and other stakeholders working in HIV in Nigeria.
- The Technical Director, Programs will represent the organization or delegate representation to other members of the technical team in key technical working groups.
- This position is contingent upon award. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Medical degree with post-graduate level training in public health
- Demonstrated experience in implementing public health projects of more than US$5M per year in developing countries, with an emphasis on HIV projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of Nigeria’s healthcare system, particularly the public health system.
- Minimum five years of senior-level experience in designing and implementing health and/or development projects of more than US$5M per year in developing countries (preferably Nigeria), with an emphasis on HIV projects.
- Minimum of seven years of experience designing and implementing activities for complex programs in developing countries, with at least 3 years in HIV programs and familiarity with CDC/PEPFAR indicators, administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, the “Three Ones Principles” and PEPFAR 90-90-90
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts.
- Strong management, results-oriented and decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and technical capacity to support service delivery.
- Technical expertise in comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services.
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials and policymakers.
- Proven leadership skills, as well as skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Experience and understanding of the PEPFAR framework.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally.
- Nigerian nationals strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 15th, October 2016
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.