Apply Now For World Health Organization Recruitment for an Administrative Officer in Abuja. World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
World Health Organization (WHO) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Officer (Shipment and Suppliers Management)
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/16/FT350
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: 12 Months
Organization unit: AF_WSR AF West Sub-Region (AF_WSR) /
AF_NGA Nigeria (AF_NGA)
Objectives of the Programme
- To ensure that effective WHO Country presence is established to implement WHO Country Cooperation Strategies that are aligned with member States’ health agenda and harmonized with the United Nations country team.
Description of Duties
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Advise on shipment transactions of WHO Nigeria and make a follow up of international procurement of goods in support of the programs implementation
- Initiate due process with the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs(MFA) and Federal Ministry of Health (FoMOH) and Customs Service prior to the shipment of items procured by WHO or donated by the partners
- Notify immediately the requestor units and supervise all physical receipt of goods and transmission to the stores
- Brief international staff on arrival on the procedures for importation of goods as per Nigeria customs regulations and WHO staff regulations and assist them on the transport of their personal effects when leaving the duty station
- Performs the suppliers performance evaluation for each purchase order in compliance with AFRO Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Prepare historical costing of items regularly purchased and advise the technical unit with cost estimation for budget preparation/estimation
- Prepare for Local Procurement Committee consideration the quarterly report of supplier evaluation performance
- Act for procurement officer in his (her) absence
- Provide to HQ/GSC procurement Unit the greenlight clearance for special category goods expected in the country,
- Process customs clearing documentation for goods expected to arrive in a timely manner.
- Forward the documentation to the MFA and ensure close follow up for completion and for customs offices clearance
- Ensure necessary taxation waiver is granted for all applicable goods as required by WHO regulations
- Maintain close liaison with the customs clearing agent(s) and provide all necessary documentation to avert clearance delays and associated penalties
- Maintain the tracking table of all expected / received shipment documents and statistics and produce monthly report
- Performs any other duties as required
- Essential: University Degree in Management or Administration.
- Desirable: Training in management of shipping or customs services
Verification of Educational Qualifications:
- “In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/.
- Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually”.
- Excellent knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures related to shipment and customs clearance of the country. Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people working in shipment and customs clearance industries at various levels.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Communication in a credible and effective way
- Fostering integration and team work
- Essential: At least one years’ experience in Shipment/Customs Services, Supplier management and Data management, working in government agencies/institutions or any other reputable organization.
- Desirable: Stores and shipment management experience in the UN system.
- Fluent in English.
- WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.
Application Deadline 28th June, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.