Employee Relations Specialist Job Description – If you wish to work as an Employee Relations Specialist, you need to know what it entails. This post will provide you with the job description, duties and responsibilities, and salary information of an Employee Relations Specialist.
Job Description of an Employee Relations Specialist
An Employee Relations Specialist manages a company’s relationship with its employees. They oversee this relationship from the hiring process to current employees to the exit process. In order to manage employee relations, they participate in recruitment and hiring, compensation and benefits, communicating Human Resources policies, conducting exit interviews and ultimately analyzing employee data and make recommendations to management accordingly.
Employee Relations Specialists work in juxtaposition with and support the Human Resources department. They work with executive management in an advisory capacity. Employee Relations Specialists can work for major companies in-house as well as staffing agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the core duties and responsibilities of an Employee Relations Specialist:
- Maintain Employee Files: The Employee Relations Specialist organizes and updates employee files. They track employee progress, noting promotions, recognition and policy violations and document them accordingly. They ensure that former employee files are maintained according to law.
- Recruit Employees: To assist with the recruitment process, the Employee Relations Specialist advertises positions, identifies and communicates with potential candidates, conducts interviews, performs employment verification and background checks and assists with notifying candidates with their decision. This part of the job may require travel to job fairs, college campuses or candidates.
- Oversee the Hiring Process: Once a candidate has accepted an employment offer, the Employee Relations Specialist works with other human resources staff members to complete the hiring process. This includes completing and filing all hiring paperwork, educating employees in regards to compensation, benefits and company policies, and designing and implementing the orientation and training process.
- Manage Employee-Employer Relationship: Employee Relations Specialists act as a liaison between employer and employee, overseeing employee relations. This involves receiving and effectively handling employee complaints, rising these complaints to the level of disciplinary or legal action when necessary, updating employees with any changes in company policy, advising supervisors on the treatment of staff and company policies, responding to employee violations of policy and generally helping to resolve conflict in the workplace.
- Oversee Employee Exit Process: Employee Relations Specialists facilitate the layoff, firing or departure process of employees who leave voluntarily. They conduct exit interviews and administer severance, and often they assist with firing decisions and notification of termination.
Skills and Qualifications
- Employee Relations Specialists must have a Master’s degree in Human Relations.
- Must have a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
- Must have industry-specific experience.
- Must demonstrate a solid knowledge of employment law.
- Must show proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as MS. Excel and MS. Word.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with confidential information.
The salary range is presented below in a tabular form in different currencies:
|Dollar ($)||Naira (₦)||Pound (£)||Euro (€)|
|$48,874 – $57,940||₦14,989,655 -₦17,770,198||£38,495 – £45,645||€43,501 – €51,571|
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.