FHI 360 Recruitment for Child Protection Consultant 2020.
FHI 360 Job Vacancy for Child Protection Consultant… FHI 360 is recruiting for Child Protection Consultant. The ideal candidate must possess M.A/M.Sc/MSW or equivalent in Social Work, Social Science, Law, Humanities or related Degree.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- The humanitarian situation remains critical in northeast Nigeria, with an estimated seven million people in need of humanitarian assistance, and more than 1.7 million Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and for 15 months, has been implementing humanitarian response activities in the health, nutrition, protection (GBV) and WASH sectors with a substantial on-the-ground presence in Maiduguri, Dikwa, Ngala and Banki
- FHI 360 plans to expand its geographical coverage to Damasak and also establish program activities in the Child Protection sub-sector and is looking for an expert consultant to lead the start-up phase.
Under the protection sector, FHI 360 aims at improving the wellbeing of vulnerable individuals through increased access to psychosocial support services and integrated Gender-Based Violence (GBV) support and Child Protection. Key activities under the Child Protection sub sector includes:
- Improving access to timely and quality Case Management services for children at risk
- Strengthening and Supporting Community Based Child Protection Mechanisms
- Setting up Child Friendly Spaces to meet psychosocial, development and cognitive needs of children affected by conflict using the Safe Healing and Learning Centers toolkit
- Protecting excluded children including CAFAAGs, Children in need of alternative care
- Integrating Child Protection in WASH, health and nutrition sector activities
- The expected duration for this consultancy is three months beginning no later than July 2018.
Scope of Work
- Conduct a rapid assessment of CP related issues for purposes of identifying most needy children for case management services. In addition, conduct child protection service mapping and institutional capacity for the current CP actors in each of the project sites.
- Conduct interviews for Child Protection teams. The team comprises of a technical officer, 4 case workers and 4 Child protection officers.
- Identify and develop standard Operating Procedures and protocols for management of CFS based on the Safe Healing and Learning toolkit
- Develop key training modules adapted to the North-East Content for key trainings including case management, Safe Healing and Learning
- Conduct Staff training on case management and Safe Healing and Learning approach
- Develop Child Protection quality of services audit tools that can be used to conduct service quality audits on a regular basis
- Develop selection criteria and terms of reference for child protection committees and support the protection assistants on the selection of the committees
- Work with the M& E team to review and strengthen existing the Child Protection data collection tools and data management protocols
- A rapid assessment report completed and validated
- Child Protection team interviewed and final selections conducted
- Standard Operating Procedures and protocols for the Child Friendly Spaces as per the Safe Healing and Learning toolkit
- Context specific training modules on case management and Safe Healing and Learning developed
- Staff trained on case management and Safe Healing and Learning approach
- Child Protection quality of service assessment tools developed and rolled out for use by senior Child Protection teams
- Selection Criteria and terms of reference for Child protection Committees developed
- Child Protection committees and put in place in all the project implementation sites and are fully functional
- Finalized Child protection data collection tools and data management protocols developed and approved by crisis response senior management team in Maiduguri
- M.A/M.Sc/MSW or equivalent in Social Work, Social Science, Law, Humanities or related Degree
- Minimum of 8 years relevant child protection experience in emergency contexts and IDP settings at international NGOs in the field; field experience is essential.
- Proven expertise in Child Protection in Emergencies, including a demonstrated understanding of global Child Protection in Emergencies standards
- Prior experience in startup and management of child protection in emergencies programs including setting up child friendly spaces based on the Safe Healing and Learning, alternative care, establishing community based child protection mechanisms and setting up child protection field based coordination and referral mechanisms.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
Submissions will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection in emergencies
- Available within the timeframe and for the duration required
- Years of relevant experience
- Best value
- Required Documentation
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.