International Organization for Migration Recruitment for Field Coordination Officer (Emergency Response)
International Organization for Migration Recruitment for Field Coordination Officer (Emergency Response).
International Organization for Migration Job Vacancy for Field Coordination Officer (Emergency Response)… International Organization for Migration is recruiting for Field Coordination Officer (Emergency Response). The ideal candidate should possess minimum of ND/NCE with or no experience.
- Apply here for Field Coordination Officer (Emergency Response) at International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordination Officer (Emergency Response)
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- The North-eastern part of Nigeria has witnessed an increase in violence since the beginning of 2015, causing a major humanitarian crisis. More than two million individuals have been displaced as a consequence of the intensification of attacks and by on-going military operations, with the highest rate of displacement taking place in Borno, Yobe, Gombe and Adamawa States.
- In the second half of 2016, after the declaration of an internal L3 in North East Nigeria by several UN agencies, IOM scaled up its emergency response and since then have been providing a wide spectrum of humanitarian activities covering several sectors including Shelter; Non-food-Items (NFI); Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) ; Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood; Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS); Displacement Tracking and Matrix (DTM), including Biometrics Tracking.
- Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM) in Abuja, the direct supervision of the Head of sub-office and Emergency Coordinator in Maiduguri, and in close coordination with relevant project managers the successful candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision and coordination of IOM’s Emergency Response (ER) activities at the field-level in North East Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Sub Office and Emergency Coordinator (HSOEC) in Managing, coordinating and ensuring an efficient implementation of different project activities (including DTM, Shelter, NFI, CCCM, WASH, and MHPSS). Utilize information obtained as an input to corrective decision making and informed programming.
- Review and provide inputs to the different emergency programme Standard Operational Procedures, to ensure a rapid, appropriate and comprehensive IOM emergency response in Maiduguri, Yola and deep field locations in North East Nigeria.
- Manage and lead Rapid Assessments and Response missions and activities, and ensure quality control and adherence to IOM’s procedural standards and policies as well as donor requirements at field level.
- Coordinate with all IOM project managers and provide guidance to ensure a well-coordinated, efficient, timely and proper IOM response at the field level.
- Organize and chair regular internal operations meetings with representatives from all IOM projects to plan and agree on field-level action points. Follows up to ensure the action points are completed within the agreed deadlines.
- Represent IOM at the Shelter & CCCM Sectoral coordination mechanisms at field level and provide leadership support according to the strategy and tools implemented at national level.
- Represent IOM at the Rapid Response Mechanism coordination forum and others as required.
- Identify train and supervise IOM team leaders and focal points in hard to reach areas. Support in training staff working in the Emergency Response Programme (ER) in accordance with the Organization’s procedures and regulations.
- Liaise as required, with Project Managers, Resource Management Officer (RMO), local authorities and agencies/organizations to facilitate the proper implementation of the mission’s emergency response activities.
- In coordination with the Project Managers and the Project Development officer, prepare implementation, progress, results and donor reports, as well as other materials or correspondence relevant to ongoing activities.
- Identify new opportunities, describe and justify project possibilities consistent with the approved emergency programme and ongoing activities, and recommend programme improvements.
- Support the HSOEC to ensure that the staff members under the Emergency Response Programme (ER) are carrying out functions within the United National Department of Safety & Security (UNDSS) and IOM Staff Safety & Security (SSU) recommendations; Support in ensuring the said UNDSS and SSU information is shared with all staff in Emergency Response Unit (ER)
- Undertake duty travel to provide advice and guidance, ensure coordinated project implementation, and conduct briefings in connection with project development and maximizing project performance.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.