Graduate Finance and Admin Assistants Vacancy at Catholic Relief Services (CRS).
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peacebuilding and Health/HIV programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Assistant
Duration: 1 year
Reports to: Project Director Manager
- CRS/Nigeria, is implementing the USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project. Based in rural communities in Northern Nigeria’s Sokoto, Kebbi and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with the possibility of expansion to Northeast, the project is using a multi-sector approach to support 42,000 very poor households (HHs) through agriculture production, incomes generation, nutrition and community and government systems strengthen to support these gains.
- The Finance & Administrative Assistant (FAA) will be responsible for documentation, referencing and filing of all project related documents
- Serve as the primary custodian of office supplies and consumables. Distributes these based on written requests;
- Maintain proper and accurate records /inventory of Office supplies distribution and usage by each project
- Keep an inventory of the store (through the stock card) and update this information on a monthly basis.
- Circulate the office supplies purchase request forms and liaise with the Administrative Officer to restock the needed supplies in a timely manner.
- Organize central files and publications in the project office. Ensure documents are stored in an easy to access and understandable system. Update and circulate the filing list regularly;
- Receives and records dailies and magazines and cut and/or photocopy sections with relevant information on CRS activities or those of our partners;
- Take minutes of any staff meetings, circulate the minutes to all attendees within two days of the meeting;
- Other duties as assigned Administrative Officer
- Manage Petty Cash: Receive completed and approved Petty Cash IOU form. Check for approval from Head of Administration, Project Director and Financial Accountant. Disbursing the approved petty cash requests. Follow up and liquidate requests in a timely manner. Complete the Petty Cash register. Balance Petty Cash register daily – notify finance of any discrepancies immediately. Always keep Petty Cash Tin locked and not visible.
- Raise all requests for vendor payments when the documentation is provided and follow up on these payments promptly.
- Go to bank for withdrawals and deposits as applicable to the petty cash management process.
- Procurement of small items as directed, adhering to CRS/Nigeria’s Purchasing and Procurement guidelines at all times.
- Coordinate the purchase and distribution of office tea items for staff/visitors or trainings (where applicable) on a monthly basis.
General Administrative support:
- Support to the Project Director e.g. keeping and tracking appointments.
- Management of National and International mail and mailing services.
- Maintaining log on the use of the office conference rooms to avoid double bookings.
- Provide oversight to the general cleanliness of reception area and its environs (toilet)
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields;
- Minimum of one-year relevant experience in a related role;
- Good knowledge of computer software – MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially);
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong internal relationship management and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel as needed.
CLICK HERE for more information.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.