International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment 2020 | Application Guide.
International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment 2020: In this article, you will get the latest updates on International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment 2020 application requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations. International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013.
It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building the capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
Currently, IMC Nigeria has 7 field offices with more than 200 staff with a possibility of further growth.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Stabilization Centre Nurse
Location: Damboa, Borno
- IMC has been implementing its curative and preventive nutrition intervention in 15 OTPs of Damboa, Jere, Konduga and MMC LGAs.
- The curative component targets children, 6-59 months with SAM. Community health volunteers screen and refer children with a MUAC <11.5cm or WHZ < -3 or those with grade + or ++ or edema to OTP sites for treatment.
- SAM cases are treated at the OTP using RUTF, deworming and Vitamin supplementation.
- Children with severe acute malnutrition and medical complications or those <6 months are referred to stabilization centers.
- In addition, caregivers of children 6-59 months are trained on how to measure MUAC. If a caregiver identifies a child with SAM these are re-assessed by the CHV and if confirmed, the child is referred to the OTP.
- These children receive nutrition support through RUTF based on their weight, treated for infections using routine medication and screened and treated for malaria.
- The severely acutely malnourished who are 24-59 months are de-wormed.
- All severely acutely malnourished without edema receive routine vitamin A supplementation and zinc supplements for those that present with diarrhea, whilst those presenting with malnutrition and medical complications are to stabilization centers for specialized treatment.
- The principal objective of the Stabilization Centre (SC) Nurse role is to manage acute malnutrition as part of the basic health services in line with the national and international guidelines.
- The SC Nurse is responsible for nutrition rehabilitation of the admitted children through treatment of medical complications of Severe Acute Malnutrition and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation through provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines, health and nutrition counselling.
- The SC Nurse is also responsible for ensuring quality of services through capacity building and technical support to the SC nutrition assistants in the management of complications associated with Severe Acute Malnutrition in line with the SC national and international protocols.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: How to Apply for International Medical Corps Graduates, How to Apply for International Medical Corps Graduates 2020, How to Apply for International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment, How to Apply for International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment 2020, international medical corps abuja address, International Medical Corps Graduates, International Medical Corps Graduates 2020, International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment, International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment 2020, International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment 2020 | Application Guide, International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment Portal, International Medical Corps Graduates Recruitment Portal 2020, international medical corps interview questions, international medical corps maiduguri, international medical corps nigeria, international medical corps nigeria address, international medical corps salaries, international medical corps vacancies, international medical corps vacancies in nigeria, Latest Graduates Recruitment at International Medical Corps