Job Opening At Save the Children For A Newborn Care Project Baseline Assessment Consultant 2016 – Apply Now
Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
Job Opening At Save the Children For A Newborn Care Project Baseline Assessment Consultant 2016 – Apply Now.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Newborn Care Project Baseline Assessment Consultant
- Baseline Survey Objective:
It is intended that the baseline assessment will provide:
- Baseline data for all indicators in the project M&E framework listed below
- Information to identify in-service capacity building needs for health workers and availability of relevant commodities, equipment and infrastructure in selected health facilities in the target LGA
- Information that will assist in identifying relevant policies, guidelines and frameworks for supporting project implementation and advocacy.
The baseline assessment aims to collect baseline data for the following project indicators:
Objective one: To advocate at the state level for the adoption of National Policies containing newborn health interventions, in addition to strengthening planning, resource utilization and mobilization for newborn health implementation in at least one Local Government Area (LGA) in Kaduna State by 2018.
- Number of national /state policies with newborn health at the LGA level that are integrated into LGA plans and programs
- Newborn lifesaving medicines (including 4% Chlorhexidine gel, antibiotics for sepsis management, and other newborn commodities) incorporated into the State Essential Medicines List
- Newborn lifesaving devices (e.g., bag & mask) incorporated into the State Essential Equipment List
- Percentage of J&J supported facilities that have incorporated data and data use for action into routine activities
Objective Two: To improve delivery of quality newborn health care services in one LGA in Kaduna state by 2018.
- Number & percent of health providers in the J&J supported facilities trained by training topic, type of cadre, by health facility level, and district
- Number and percent of health providers in the J&J supported facilities who received grant funded training and scored 80% or higher on training post-test, by training topic, by cadre and health facility
- Number & percent of J&J supported providers who were trained on National adopted ENCC training manual in the project LGA who received at least 1 supervision visit in the last 3 months
- Proportion of J&J trained facility based health workers in the supported facilities that score above 80% in a skills check during a supportive supervision visit
- Number of J&J supported facilities with at least 2 functioning bag & mask in the delivery area, by health facility level
- Percentage of newborns who had 4% chlorhexidine gel applied to the cord immediately after birth in J&J supported facilities
- % of preterm/low birth weight newborns initiated on facility-based KMC in J&J supported facilities (for 2 hospitals only)
- % of low birth weight discharged after KMC (for 2 hospitals only)
- Proportion of J&J supported facilities which have a newborn resuscitation corner in the delivery room
- Number of Health facilities using nationally adapted or revised registers to track newborn activities
Objective Three: To strengthen referral linkages of newborns between PHC and higher in one LGA in Kaduna state by 2018.
- Number/Percentage of newborns born or admitted at PHC level who require referral for newborn health care services, disaggregated by reason for referral and month
- Number/Percentage of newborns born or admitted at PHC level who require referral for newborn health care services AND agree to be referred, disaggregated by reason for referral
- Number/Percentage of newborns born at PHC level who require referral for newborn health care services AND refuse referral, disaggregated by reason for referral
- Number/Percentage of newborns seen at hospital level who were referred by a PHC, disaggregated by reason for referral and PHC facility referred from
- Cleaned assessment dataset
- Completed assessment forms
- The final baseline study report
Researcher Competencies, Experience and Skill requirements
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or related area
- Experience in MNCH research in Nigeria
- Expertise in Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.