Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment for Operations Officer 2020.
Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy for Operations Officer … Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting for Operations Officer. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience in Logistics, Admin and Procurement Management, Business Management, or related field.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps works in 13 states within the key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2018/00019
Location: Gwoza, Borno
Supervisory Responsibilities: Drivers, Cleaner, Security guards and Assistant Operations staff
Reports Directly to: Senior Operations Officer
Works Directly with Finance, Programs and M&E Teams
- With the insurgency affecting North East Nigeria and displacing millions of people, Mercy Corps is expanding its humanitarian programming to support the conflict-affected population. As a result of the wide-scale needs, Mercy Corps is scaling-up food security, non-food items, nutrition, protection, livelihoods, and water sanitation hygiene (WASH) activities in Dikwa, Ngala, Damboa, Gwoza, Bama and Jere Local Government Areas in Borno State to address emergency needs
- Mercy Corps is looking for an Operations Officer responsible for leading the operations function in Gwoza Office.
- Ensures to maintain the operation field support function in a timely manner.
- The operations officer oversees all arrangements and coordination for program support logistical duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and has clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual and all procedures;
- Lead Mercy Corps daily Procurement Activities in Gwoza Office to meet program and country mission objectives in a timely manner and in accordance with Mercy Corps guidelines and donor regulations;
- Possesses a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats. Provide training to new staff on these policies and provided refresher training as gap in staff knowledge are identified;
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s with support from Senior Operations Officer in Maiduguri – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Conduct regular market survey at least every quarter with coordination and support from Operations team in Maiduguri;
- Interact with vendors during collection of quotations – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms;
- Ensures fair competition and strictly adhere to Mercy Corps procurement rules regarding vendor relations as described by Mercy Corps
- Interacts with contractors, in coordination with the Operations Manager Maiduguri and Program Managers;
- Ensures that the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to Mercy Corps standards. Maintains and updates the procurement files
- Read and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual and all procedures;
- Assists the Asset Controller with asset management. Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets;
- Participates in regular assets inventory and checks.
- Ensures that all the assets are maintained and in good condition. Check assets stickers regularly;
- Maintain inventories of Mercy Corps premises (non-expandable properties) conduct regular checks (quarterly);
- Advise Operations Manager Maiduguri on any broken, damaged or destroyed equipment;
- Read and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Fleet Management Policy Guidelines;
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy;
- Ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation;
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs;
- Ensure Vehicle Authorization is approved before leaving Mercy Corps Office;
- Oversees the vehicles movement plans;
- Maintains vehicles documentation, including log sheets, repairs logs and schedules
- Monitors vehicles fuel consumption
- Coordinate with HR in Maiduguri to ensure proper tracking of drivers HR files;
- Oversees the generator and inverter operation, monitoring the servicing schedule
- Read and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Field Administration Manual and all procedures;
- Liaises with Operations Manager on renewal of Gwoza office rental agreements;
- Establishes and maintain appropriate filing systems for office correspondence. Receive and dispatch mail;
- Ensures that the office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, cleaning, receptionist duties and general contact and liaison with outside agencies.
- Ensures that office has sufficient office supplies.
- Co-ordinates any other necessary administrative and office management details.
- Makes all necessary travel and logging arrangements for Gwoza visitors
- Oversee the management of office consumable (office materials like: stationary, cleaning & hygiene,): that will include: collecting the requests on monthly bases, maintaining the stock, monitoring the use.
- Facility management ( cleaning, equipment repairs, utilities, water supply, green office considerations, facility keys management etc)
- Administrating communication, ensuring internet, printers are working, staff has enough phone credit.
- Collect HR related documentation and liaise with the Maiduguri office on HR tasks
- Monitor the generator and inverter operation, monitoring the service schedule;
- Monitor generator fuel consumption
- Responsible for oversight of vehicle rentals including tracking of leases and payment.
Operations Management – Security:
- If needed, conduct security risk assessments of core operational features and record and report findings;
- To ensure that compound guards remain an effective and credible deterrent;
- To ensure through comprehensive briefings, that all staff and visitors to are fully appraised of the risks, the prevailing security situation and any security procedures.
- To manage and maintain all security communications equipment;
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- The Operations Officer will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Finance & Compliance Management:
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to emergency programming.
- Ensure compliance with all Mercy Corps finance regulation in carrying out activities.
Influence & Representation:
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with consortium partners, sub-grantees, donors, local governments and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Logistics, Admin and Procurement Management, Business Management, or related field ( with international NGOs is an asset)
- Two to three years’ experience in logistics and procurement with strong organizational skills, ability to maintain the procurement and logistics filing system, ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel, adaptability to unanticipated circumstances,
- Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with using email.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision
- Ability to communicate in English and Local language.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities. A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
- Security in the field locations require additional vigilance and accessibility will be reassessed continuously. Access to good medical services in northeast is limited. Phone communication, internet, electricity and water is available but might be erratic.
- Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all locations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected]
- All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject lineand should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
8th June, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.