Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment for Operations Officer 2020.
Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy for Operations Officer … Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting for Operations Officer. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience in Logistics, Admin and Procurement Management, Business Management, or related field.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps works in 13 states within the key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2018/00019
Location: Gwoza, Borno
Supervisory Responsibilities: Drivers, Cleaner, Security guards and Assistant Operations staff
Reports Directly to: Senior Operations Officer
Works Directly with Finance, Programs and M&E Teams
- With the insurgency affecting North East Nigeria and displacing millions of people, Mercy Corps is expanding its humanitarian programming to support the conflict-affected population. As a result of the wide-scale needs, Mercy Corps is scaling-up food security, non-food items, nutrition, protection, livelihoods, and water sanitation hygiene (WASH) activities in Dikwa, Ngala, Damboa, Gwoza, Bama and Jere Local Government Areas in Borno State to address emergency needs
- Mercy Corps is looking for an Operations Officer responsible for leading the operations function in Gwoza Office.
- Ensures to maintain the operation field support function in a timely manner.
- The operations officer oversees all arrangements and coordination for program support logistical duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and has clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual and all procedures;
- Lead Mercy Corps daily Procurement Activities in Gwoza Office to meet program and country mission objectives in a timely manner and in accordance with Mercy Corps guidelines and donor regulations;
- Possesses a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats. Provide training to new staff on these policies and provided refresher training as gap in staff knowledge are identified;
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s with support from Senior Operations Officer in Maiduguri – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Conduct regular market survey at least every quarter with coordination and support from Operations team in Maiduguri;
- Interact with vendors during collection of quotations – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms;
- Ensures fair competition and strictly adhere to Mercy Corps procurement rules regarding vendor relations as described by Mercy Corps
- Interacts with contractors, in coordination with the Operations Manager Maiduguri and Program Managers;
- Ensures that the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to Mercy Corps standards. Maintains and updates the procurement files
- Read and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual and all procedures;
- Assists the Asset Controller with asset management. Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets;
- Participates in regular assets inventory and checks.
- Ensures that all the assets are maintained and in good condition. Check assets stickers regularly;
- Maintain inventories of Mercy Corps premises (non-expandable properties) conduct regular checks (quarterly);
- Advise Operations Manager Maiduguri on any broken, damaged or destroyed equipment;
- Read and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Fleet Management Policy Guidelines;
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy;
- Ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation;
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs;
- Ensure Vehicle Authorization is approved before leaving Mercy Corps Office;
- Oversees the vehicles movement plans;
- Maintains vehicles documentation, including log sheets, repairs logs and schedules
- Monitors vehicles fuel consumption
- Coordinate with HR in Maiduguri to ensure proper tracking of drivers HR files;
- Oversees the generator and inverter operation, monitoring the servicing schedule
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.