United Nations Children’s Fund Recruitment for Project Coordinator 2018.
United Nations Children’s Fund Job Vacancy for Project Coordinator … United Nations Children’s Fund is recruiting for Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate must possess an advanced University Degree (minimum Master’s Degree level).
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA EU-MNCHN Project Coordinator, P3, (364 days)
Job Number: 513427
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
- The incumbent of the post under direct supervision and guidance of the Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Manager of UNICEF Nigeria Country Office will support the strong intersectorial coordination of the project on Strengthening Primary Health Care and Community Resilience for Improved Maternal New-born Child Health & Nutrition (MNCHN) Outcomes in 3 States of Northern Nigeria.
- The goals of the Project Coordinator will be to accomplish project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities within the timelines with desired quality.
- The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing coordination, leadership, and resources coordination to meet the goals of the project.
- He/she is to lead and coordinate, on a daily basis, the implementation of the EU project activities and the work plans, ensuring they are delivered on time and to the agreed quality standards and budgets with a successful outcome and promote sector-wide integration and convergence.
Key Expected Results/Major Responsibilities
- Provide practical, hands-on coordination and technical support to the EU-MNCHN project ensuring the quality and timeliness of all project components.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of sectoral team members for implementation of the various project components;
- Track project implementation progress and ensure timely completion of the planned activities as per approved EU-MNCHN work plan;
- Liaise with the MNCH manager, steering committee team at Federal, the CFO and field project colleagues and, sectoral Chiefs to coordinate and monitor project implementation;
- Oversee review of project work plans and planning process for the subsequent periods;
- Ensure that project implementation conform to the policies and procedures of UNICEF and the Contribution Agreement signed with the EU;
- Oversee procurement processes related to EU-MNCHN including delivery and distribution of equipment and supplies;
- Ensure that quality progress reports are produced and submitted in a timely manner to the MNCH Manager and Section Chiefs for submission to EUD according to the contract schedule;
- Prepare inputs for monthly EU-MNCHN Technical Working Group meetings and Quarterly EU-MNCHN Steering Committee meetings for Section Chiefs and participate in the meetings;
- Liaise and coordinate with other sections at UNICEF involved in the EU-MNCHN project specifically Nutrition, HIV, Child Protection, WASH and Communication (including C4D);
- While ensuring sections’ Chiefs are fully appraised on progress, develop and maintain positive relationships with all project partners, especially the Delegation of the European Union in Nigeria and the FMOH and SMOH;
- Report regularly to the MNCH Manager and Section Chiefs on project progress and provide regular updates on the EU-MNCHN project.
- Milestone monitoring: Monitor progress on monthly project milestones, and proactively engage Field Offices to minimize delays and other risks.
- While ensuring integration of EU-MNCHN project implementation within the regular MNCHN project, coordinate the EU-MNCH project team promoting a ”One team approach” and ensuring accountability of team members for their expected deliverables;
- Provide leadership and direction to the EU-MNCHN personnel for timely and quality project implementation;
- Promote and support effective team working through one-to-one communication and regular team meetings;
- Agree clear performance objectives for all consultants, and ensure all team members have appropriately set objectives, and that performance assessment are undertaken in a timely manner;
- Contribute to the recruitment and induction of EU-MNCHN project consultants as required.
- Provide overall supervision and coordination of the project budget, including regular monitoring of expenditure against approved budget, in accordance with UNICEF financial procedures and guidelines;
- Review financial reports and ensure consistency and accuracy of data.
- Monitor DCT at Federal and State level and ensure timely disbursement and retirement
Communication and Reporting:
- Review financial reports and ensure consistency and accuracy of data;
- Prepare high quality presentations and briefing packs in appropriate formats for briefing of partners and stakeholders as appropriate;
- Review draft reports from assigned staff ensuring quality standards are met;
- Write comprehensive regular reports as required in the M&E Framework and the Visibility Strategy, outlining project progress, key achievements, challenges and steps being taken to address them, and next steps for submission to Section Chiefs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced University Degree (minimum Master’s Degree level) in one of following areas: Management, Public Health, International Development, Medicine, Social sciences or related field.
- Experience on systems strengthening and more so health system strengthening.
- At least five to eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international (international organization) levels with proven records of coordinating large projects and project management skill and experience
- Prior experience of working in Africa
- Must have done some grass-root work
- Experience in coordinating and supervising teams with a mix of skills
- General knowledge of health issues, RMNCH and Nutrition, is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with project counterparts from the Government and European Union Delegation.
- Strong communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Strong planning, organization and strategic thinking skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of project coordination techniques and tools;
- Proven experience in people coordination; strategic planning; risk management; financial coordination and resource allocation;
- Easy use of excel sheets.
- Communication – Level 3
- Working with People – Level 3
- Drive for Results – Level 3
- Leading and supervising – Level 3
- Formulating strategies and concepts – Level 3
- Analyzing – Level 3
- Persuading and Influence – Level 2
- Creating and Innovation – Level 2
- Planning and Organizing – Level 3
- Relating and Networking – Level 3
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Application Deadline: 13th June, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Project Coordinator at United Nations Children's Fund, UNICEF, United Nations Children's Fund, United Nations Children's Fund Recruitment, United Nations Children's Fund Recruitment for Project Coordinator 2018