Danish Refugee Council Recruitment for Protection Assistant 2020.
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy for Protection Assistant 2020: The Danish Refugee Council is recruiting for Protection Assistant. The ideal candidate must possess 2 years of work experience in a humanitarian organization.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and wide range of other assistance.
It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- Within the scope of DRC’s Protection projects, the Protection Assistant, under the supervision of the Protection Officers and Manager, will be responsible for the day to day implementation of the various protection activities in the field locations under his/her responsibility. This includes conduct Protection Monitoring, referrals and follow up of referrals, (including establishing referral pathways), identification of IPA beneficiaries and follow up of cases, psychosocial support activities, monitor the protection incentive workers’ work and manage them on a daily basis.
- The Protection Assistant will also be responsible for supporting needs and programmatic assessments, supporting the preparation of activity and protection reports and analysis (information collection, community consultations etc.), identifying and communicating protection concerns in his/her locations, identifying and communicating programmatic needs in targeted locations, supporting the Officers in providing capacity building to key stakeholders, and in collecting and managing project data ensuring the highest standards of data and information protection and confidentiality.
The Protection Assistant responsibilities include:
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed workplan (under the supervision of the Protection Officers and Manager) and the international standards
- Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management)
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc)
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations
- 2 yrs. Work experience in a humanitarian organization / with displacement affected populations
- Knowledge of protection norms, principles, and activities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Professional fluency in English and Hausa
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites (remote / field sites) and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of the protection monitoring data collection methods
- Knowledge / previous experience with Psychosocial support services activities and standards.
- Availability: June 30th, 2018
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.