Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Sterilization Technician 2018.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Health team in Monguno, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Sterilization Technician
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- Sterilization Technician is responsible for all sterilization of equipment for a cross infection free medical care as per the PUI guidelines and all medical sterilization protocols in Nigeria.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Specific Objectives Linked To Activities
- To ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Decontaminate and clean instruments prior to sterilization.
- To clean all instruments in the sterilization solution as directed
- To recognize all the instruments according to the diagrams provided
- To organize all the instruments for packing
- Pack all instruments sets according to the guidelines.
- To label all the sets correctly with the expiry date clearly indicated
- To use the sensitive tape accordingly and appropriately
- To use the TST indicators on all packs to monitor the effectiveness of each sterilization session
- To place packs into the sterilizer as instructed and operate at the correct time
- Record each session and attach a TST Indicator of the same session against the recorded session
- Re-label packs if need be after sterilization and put in instrument cupboard.
- To deliver the instruments/packs to the departments and to collect dirt ones (cleaned by the departments under normal running water) back to the sterilization room
- Collect and re-sterilize expired packs and those that might have been exposed to conditions where sterility is no longer guaranteed
- To maintain the sterilization room and all equipment in an organized and clean manner
- To inform his/her supervisor of any problems with the instruments
- Adhere to PUI protocols and guidelines and be willing to receive training when needed.
- Be responsible to take care of PUI equipment installed in Sterilization room and when needed make request for repair /alternative solution
- Follow strict medical ethics towards patients while working in the facility
- Be aware and conscious of the risks of traumatic surgical accidents/accidental exposure to blood e.g. needle pricks. Follow strict universal precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Perform other duties in special circumstances or weekend duties if needed, as deemed necessary by his/ her supervisor
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Language skills: Fluent in English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Education degree: Diploma in Health technology
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills. Good management capacities and team leadership spirit
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations Customer care principles
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Well organized
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Able to analyze and suggest improvement
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Able to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomous, neutral, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply here for Sterilization Technician Vacancy at Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment 2018, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Sterilization Technician 2018