CAT Exam 2020/2021 Application Deadline Portal Updates.
CAT Exam 2020: The CAT exam is here again, this time with different rules and so in this article, we’ve made comprehensive information of everything you need to know about the CAT exams, the CAT exams pattern, CAT preparation process, Eligibility and lots more.
CAT is the most well-known management entrance exam in India, led by one of the more established IIM’s on a rotational premise. It is an entryway to every one of the 20 IIMs and other top B-schools in India. With high paying management and entrepreneurship openings for work, the quantity of CAT wannabes has additionally been expanding throughout the years. Long haul planning will give an edge to the up-and-comers over others. A strong readiness guarantees theoretical lucidity and a precise critical thinking approach.
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
CAT test design is unpredictable and experiences a few changes every year. Until further notice, no adjustment in the paper design has been advised by the IIMs. In any case, modification in the degree of trouble of the test is normal. Proceeding on the lines of the earlier year test design, CAT 2020 will comprise of 3 areas with a sum of 100 inquiries.
You have to guarantee a high score in every one of the segments as there is likewise a sectional score cut off in IIMs for shortlisting.
Quick Highlights of CAT Exam Pattern are discussed below:
- Mode of Exam: Computer-based test
- Total Questions: 100
- Number of Sections: Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, and Reading Comprehension, and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- Exam duration: 3-hour duration exam, where one hour is assigned to each section.
- Questions with negative marking (MCQs): 75
- Questions without negative marking (non-MCQs): 25
- Marking Scheme: +3 marks for the correct answer; -1 mark for wrong answers.
CAT 2020: Preparation Tips for Beginners
- Work on your Graduation Marks and overall Personality Development: If you’re in the final year of your graduation and you’re planning to take CAT 2020, then work towards your final grades. It is essential to prepare for the selection process of top B-schools and that doesn’t happen overnight. You must improve your communication skills and enhance your awareness of social, political, economic, national issues. Adopting such strategies shall help you in improving your chances of clearing group discussion and personal interview rounds of management colleges.
- Make your Basics stronger: Having a stronghold on basics can be one of the most important factors in the preparation of an exam like CAT. Identify your strengths and weaknesses and work towards improving the same. You will save a lot of time in the exam if you’ve conceptual clarity in your approach to solve the problems.
- Keep a track of CAT 2020 dates: To have an accurate preparation schedule, you must keep a track of the updates regarding the dates of CAT 2020. Plan your timetable accordingly to avoid last moment chaos.
- Organize your Study Material: For a popular exam like CAT, there is no shortage of study material in the market or at other platforms. However, having multiple study resources can be confusing and stressful. Therefore, research well about the accurate study material that you will use. Once you start preparing, make notes for future reference and stick to your sources instead of trying to cover topics from everywhere.
- Work on your Accuracy and Time Management Skills: Accuracy and time management are the two pillars of acing any competitive exam. In order to achieve the same, you need to practice. Solve previous year papers and take mock tests to ensure your growth in this area.
CAT 2020 Sample Papers/ Previous Year Papers
CAT Sample papers/ Previous year papers are the best sources to prepare for the exam as they:
- Improve accuracy and time management skills.
- Prepare one mentally for the actual test.
- Help in identifying one’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Confirm the accuracy of the study material and guidance opted.
CAT 2020 Eligibility
In order to be eligible for CAT Exam, an aspirant must be a graduate degree holder in any stream. Candidates appearing in the final year/semester of their degree program can also apply for CAT
Steps to Apply for CAT 2020
Registration for the exam is usually a four-step procedure. Read the instructions mentioned at the start before beginning to fill-up the form. In case of filling incorrect information not only the candidature will be treated as invalid but the CAT registration fee will also be forfeited. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Registration – Visit the official website of CAT and enter your email id, phone number, and date of birth.
Note: Number and ID must be active and valid, as the entire communication related to the exam will be notified on it.
Step 2: Fill CAT Application Form – Enter your personal details, contact information, academic details, work experience, program preference and exam center preference.
Note: In case, any information is found incorrect, there is a risk of application rejection. A one-time facility to make corrections in the form is also provided.
Step 3: Upload Documents – Scan and Upload your documents (Photograph, Signatures & Required certificated) according to CAT 2020 Photo Size, Dimension, Format, and Other Details
Note: You can resize the documents using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. The steps are available on the link given above.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee – CAT 2020 Application Fee can be paid online via net banking/credit card/debit card
Frequently asked Questions
1. Ques. Are students in the final year of examination eligible to apply for the Common Admission Test?
Ans. Yes, students can apply but their admission on the basis of their CAT result will be provisional until they produce their final year graduation mark sheet.
2. Ques. Will there be any assistance provided to Pwd candidates while writing CAT 2020?
Ans. A PwD candidate will get the following assistance while writing CAT Exam:
- Scribe/ reader- candidates suffering from visual impairment or cerebral palsy are allowed to bring a scribe as an assistant, who has filled or submitted affidavits which ensure scribe’s authenticity.
- Other allowed devices- an abacus without a calculator is allowed to candidates suffering from visual impairment or hearing impairment.
3. Ques. What are the minimum academic eligibility criteria for writing CAT 2020?
Ans. A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute is compulsory and mandatory for writing the CAT 2020 exam, this must meet the minimum percentage requirement of 50% in the qualifying examination.
4. Ques. What details are asked in CAT 2020 Application Form?
Ans. You will find the following fields in the form:
- Personal details
- Academic details
- Work experience
- Payment of application fee
5. Ques. Is there any age restriction for taking the CAT 2020?
Ans. No, there is no age restriction to take CAT 2020.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.