Monkey Pox Virus Infection – How to Avoid Deadly Disease.
Monkey Pox Virus Infection… This article will guide you on what Monkey Pox Virus is all about, how it can be infected and how to overcome the virus. Stay focus and read through.
Monkey Pox Virus Infection
Monkey Pox Virus is a deadly virus which can be contacted from a wild animal called Monkey as the primary source of contact. WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) defines this horrible disease (Monkeypox) as a rare viral zoonosis (a virus transmitted to humans from animals) with symptoms in humans similar to those seen in the past in smallpox patients, although less severe. Smallpox was eradicated in 1980. However, Monkeypox still occurs sporadically in some parts of Africa.
Important Fact you Should Know About the Viral Infection – MonkeyPox
- The primary source of contact is from a monkey, whether through eating inadequately cooked monkey meat or meat of an infected animal.
- The secondary channel of transmission is from human to human, especially through body fluid.
- Another channel of contact is contact with materials contaminated with the virus.
- The illness can be fatal in humans, between one per cent and 10 per cent, with most deaths occurring in younger age groups.
- There is no treatment or vaccine available, although prior smallpox vaccination was highly effective in prevention.
- Its incubation period is from six to 16 days, but it can also range from five to 21 days.
- Its symptoms could last from 14 to 21 days.
- The invasion period could last from zero to five days.
- The symptoms include fever, intense headache, back pain, abnormal physical weakness or lack of energy, muscular pains and lymphadenopathy.
- Physical manifestation include skin eruption, with 95 per cent on the face and 75 per cent on palms of the hands and sole of feet
- Rashes, characterised by flat, red spot on the skin, covered with small confluent bumps
- If there is no symptom from either partners, there is no need to create tension at home
Signs and Symptoms
In humans, the symptoms of monkeypox are similar to but milder than the symptoms of smallpox. Monkeypox begins with fever, headache, muscle aches, and exhaustion. The main difference between symptoms of smallpox and monkeypox is that monkeypox causes lymph nodes to swell (lymphadenopathy) while smallpox does not. The incubation period (time from infection to symptoms) for monkeypox is usually 7−14 days but can range from 5−21 days.
The illness begins with:
- Muscle aches
- Swollen lymph nodes
Within 1 to 3 days (sometimes longer) after the appearance of fever, the patient develops a rash, often beginning on the face then spreading to other parts of the body.
Lesions progress through the following stages before falling off:
How to Escape and Avoid being infected
These are some of the tips suggested by the LUTH CMD:
- Avoid eating monkey meat for now
- Cook all animal products thoroughly
- Avoid body contact with an infected person
- Say no to unnecessary touching like handshakes
- Maintain very high index of suspicion
- Health officers must use protective devices, such as hand gloves
- Report to the hospital if you observe strange feeling
- Wash your hands regularly
- During slaughtering of animal, avoid contact with the animal’s fluid
- Avoid food items like monkey meat, particularly if not properly cooked
- Avoid roasting of monkey meat prior to consumption as most, not all, of the bacteria are destroyed by heat
Remedy for Monkey Pox Virus
Well, as it stands now there is no remedy/treatment or vaccine available although prior smallpox vaccination was highly effective in preventing Monkey Pox Virus as well.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.