Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019 For Refugees and Displaced Persons in Africa | How to Apply
=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019 For Refugees and Displaced Persons in Africa | How to Apply.
Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship… The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme was launched in 2007 with the aim of contributing to the production and retention of high caliber African human capital for sustainable development of the continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-Africa mobility of students.
The Scholarship Scheme is intended to enable young Africans to study in reputable African Universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in any African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation.
The 2019 Scholarship offer is aimed to provide an important opportunity for enhancing the knowledge, professional skills and capacity of refugees and displaced persons; and thereby streamline their integration to contribute for sustainable development in Africa.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a Citizen of an African Union Member State
- Be a formally registered refugee/displaced person with a UNHCR registration number or be able to demonstrate confirmed refugee status in an African Union Member State
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, at least at the level of Upper Second Class Honours. The degree must be from a recognised University
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any
- Have proof of admission to undertake a full time Masters programme in a recognised university in an African Union Member State
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years
- The following fields of study are eligible: Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Health, Education, Engineering, and Social Sciences
The scholarship award covers the following:
- Tuition Fees: According to an official invoice from the Host University.
- Stipend: $500 USD monthly, to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation and medication.
- Book Allowance: An allowance of $500 USD per year for the purchase of books.
- Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare (as applicable).
- Travel Allowance:
- One-off payment of $250 USD to contribute towards ground transportation and settling-in costs
- One-off payment of $350 USD to assist with shipping and other terminal expenses; upon departure from the host Institution after successful completion of the study.
- Computer Allowance: One-off payment of $1,000 USD for the purchase of laptop computer and accessories
How to Apply.
The application documents should include the following:
- Completed application form
- A proof of refugee/displaced person status, indicating citizenship
- Recent passport-size photograph
- CV indicating applicant’s academic background and work experience
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Copy of admission letter from a recognised African University
- Two (2) Reference Letters with contact addresses and telephone numbers.
- A Letter of Motivation of not more than 500 words (maximum 2 pages) that explains why the candidate has chosen the particular field of study and its importance to Africa’s development
Interested candidates can apply online or by post. Applicants applying online should produce electronic copies of the above documents and submit as attachments. Applicants who submit their applications by post should make two (2) sets of hard copies of all the above documents. The Application must be sent to the address below:
Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology
African Union Commission
P.O. Box 3243
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
CLOSING DATE: 30th April 2018
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.