University of Alabama Scholarships 2019 and Application Procedure
- If you are Searching for “University of Alabama Scholarships for 2019 and It’s Application Procedure” This page is all you need right now. Explore.
University of Alabama Scholarships
University of Alabama scholarships are now being offered to both domestic and international students. University of Alabama, founded in 1831, is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It is home to approximately 30,000 undergraduate students with student-faculty ratio of 21:1. It is a flagship university in the state of Alabama and offers many fabulous academic programs including engineering and sciences. It also has unique programs that only few universities offers.
First, Cooperative Education Program, or Co-op, in University of Alabama is very famous. This program allows students to work full-time for an year in the related field of their studies while studying. Students who participate in this program will alternate work for one semester and studies the next semester. This experience will greatly help students to get a job afterwards. Students who complete a year of co-op will be given the distinction of co-op in their transcripts. One of the best-known co-op partners in engineering is Mercedes-Benz.
University of Alabama Scholarships – Undergraduates
These scholarships are awarded based on GPA and SAT/ACT scores. If you have certain GPA and SAT/ACT scores, then you will automatically receive University of Alabama Scholarships for that range. Also, these scholarships are for both domestic and international students.
University of Alabama has changed its scholarships policy in 2018. In 2017, the university offered full tuition scholarships for Presidential but it has changed the scholarship amount to $25,000 a year which is slightly less than full-tuition. Also, it has added another tier of scholarships called the Presidential Elite Scholarships which is for those who have achieved perfect GPA and perfect SAT/ACT scores.
University of Alabama Academic Scholarship
- Presidential Elite- Students who scored 36 ACT or 1600 SAT, and 4.0 GPA will be automatically eligible for full tuition scholarships for all four years, one year of room, $1,000 per year stipend for four years, $2,000 for summer research or international study, and $500 book allowance for all for years.
- Presidential- Students who scored 33 ACT or 1490 SAT or higher, and 3.5 GPA will be automatically eligible for $25,000 a year.
- UA Scholar- Students with 30-32 ACT or 1390-1480, and 3.5 GPA will be automatically eligible for 2/3 tuition scholarship for four years ($17,976 per year).
- There are other scholarship for students with lower ACT and GPA. Visit Scholarships Page for more information.
University of Alabama Engineering Scholarship
These scholarships are only for students who are planning on majoring engineering. There are other scholarships for students who are majoring in other academic fields, but those are not automatic. If you want more information about your specific field, visit your specific academic department’s page.
- Engineering Leadership Tier- Students who scored 30 ACT or 1390 SAT or higher will receive $2,500 per year scholarship which will stack on top of Academic Scholarship.
- Dean’s Engineering Excellence Tier- Students with 27-29 ACT scores or 1280-1380 SAT scores will receive $1,500 per year scholarship which will stack on top of Academic Scholarship.
- Visit Engineering Page for more information about these University of Alabama scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria for Alabama University Scholarships
To be eligible for these scholarships, you will need to have a SAT or ACT scores which are college entrance exams in USA. Everyone with 33 ACT or higher and 1490 SAT or higher will receive almost full tuition scholarship and addition $2,500 a year if you are majoring in engineering.
How to Apply for Alabama University Scholarships
If you have the SAT or ACT scores to qualify, you will need to submit an online application that are specific to University of Alabama. Also, University of Alabama have a step-by-step guideline for international students. You can visit the application guide in UA Admission Guide.
Application Starting/Closing Dates
Application opens in August 1 and closes in December 15 for University of Alabama scholarship consideration.
N/B: Students need to apply through the University of Alabama portal and not the Common Application. This university does not accept Common Application nor the Coalition Application and uses its own application.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.