World Bank Scholarship Result 2020/2021 Status Checking Updates.
World Bank Scholarship Result 2020: The World Bank Scholarship is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
Every scholarship examination taken always comes with anticipated results. The World Bank Scholarship has a unique partnership to reduce poverty and support development.
The World Bank Group comprises five institutions managed by their member countries. Read through carefully for information on the World Bank Scholarship Result 2020/2021 Status Checking Updates.
The World Bank Scholarship Result 2020 has put many in the tension of the unknown. A lot of persons are eager to receive information about the World Bank Scholarship Result, and in the process, many have been fed with false information. In this article, all you need to know about the World Bank Scholarship result 2020 will be discussed and among the things, you will see include:
- What is World Bank Scholarship Program?
- Is World Bank Scholarship 2020 Result Out?
- World Bank Scholarship Innovative Knowledge Sharing
- What to do as an Applicant Before the Next call for World Bank Scholarship
- What can an applicant do before the next call?
- Who is Eligible to Apply for 2020 World Bank Scholarship?
- What is the Selection Process for 2020 World Bank Scholarship?
- How to Apply for World Bank 2020 Scholarship?
- What is the Selection Process?
- World Bank Scholarship Financial Products and Services
What is World Bank Scholarship Program?
The World Bank Scholarships Program contributes to the World Bank Group’s mission of forging new dynamic approaches to capacity development and knowledge sharing in the developing world.
It is an important component of the Bank Group’s efforts to promote economic development and shared prosperity through investing in education and developing human resources in the developing world.
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group is headquartered in Washington, D.C. We have more than 10,000 employees in more than 120 offices worldwide.
Since 1982, the Program has helped to form a pool of over 6,000 well-trained and experienced development professionals, transforming their countries and positively impacting future generations.
Is World Bank Scholarship Result 2020 Out?
The World Bank Scholarships application form for 2020 is not yet out, thus the World Bank Scholarships result for 2020 is not yet out too. As of last year, the World Bank Scholarships Program offers two sources of funding for graduate studies in development-related fields for mid-career professionals and researchers:
The World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program since 1987 has enabled more than 6,000 mid-career professionals from developing countries and Japan to complete graduate degrees in development-related fields.
To be eligible to receive a World Bank Scholarship in 2020, developing country nationals will have to be admitted to a master’s degree program that is among this new set partner and preferred master degree programs.
World Bank Scholarship Innovative Knowledge Sharing
They offer support to developing countries through policy advice, research and analysis, and technical assistance. Their analytical work often underpins World Bank financing and helps inform developing countries’ own investments.
In addition, they support capacity development in the countries we serve. We also sponsor, host, or participate in many conferences and forums on issues of development, often in collaboration with partners.
To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the Bank is constantly seeking to improve the way it shares its knowledge and engages with clients and the public at large.
World Bank Scholarship Financial Products and Services
World Bank Scholarship provides low-interest loans, zero to low-interest credits, and grants to developing countries. These support a wide array of investments in such areas as education, health, public administration, infrastructure, financial and private sector development, agriculture, and environmental and natural resource management.
Some of their projects are co-financed with governments, other multilateral institutions, commercial banks, export credit agencies, and private sector investors.
They also provide or facilitate financing through trust fund partnerships with bilateral and multilateral donors. Many partners have asked the Bank to help manage initiatives that address needs across a wide range of sectors and developing regions.
What to do as an Applicant Before the Next call for World Bank Scholarship
Read information posted on their website at www.worldbank.org to review eligibility criteria carefully
- Identify a university advisor abroad who will sponsor your fellowship funded Ph.D. research. Please note, World Bank Scholarship does not provide guidance on choosing a host institution or research advisor.
- Ensure both your Ph.D. advisor and your host university advisors are aware of and support your proposal for research that would be funded by a World Bank Scholarship
- Begin gathering required documentation for the fellowship application, including (1) if you are employed, proof of current employment; (2) diploma of highest degree earned; and (3) an official statement from your current university that you are either: (i) currently enrolled as a Ph.D. student and have completed all coursework and exam requirements for your doctoral program; or (ii) currently enrolled in a research-only Ph.D. program.
Eligibility for 2020 World Bank Scholarship
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country
- Be 35 years of age or younger on the Application Deadline date
- Be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the Ph.D. program;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a Ph.D. at the time of application;
- Have a Ph.D. thesis centered on a field of development.
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultant) or a relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group.
Important! All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria will not change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
How to Apply for World Bank 2020 Scholarship?
When the call for applications is open, the application guidelines, online application, and a final list of eligibility criteria will be available on www.worldbank.org
The World Bank 2020 Scholarship application must be completed online by the Application Deadline date and include:
- The completed application form
- An agreement to the terms and conditions for an RSMFP fellowship listed on the Application Form’s Signature Page;
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the host university research advisor
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the Ph.D. Thesis supervisor.
- All required documents must be uploaded online. Any documents an applicant provides by email, post or any means other than the online application form will not be reviewed.
What is the Selection Process for 2020 World Bank Scholarship?
The World Bank 2020 Scholarship uses the following process to review completed applications, with the aim to identify eligible candidates with the most innovative and relevant research proposals in the area of development.
Two qualified reviewers independently review each eligible application to assess the following:
- Quality of the proposed fellowship (70%)
- Prospects for a productive career in research on development post-PhD (30%)
We believe the above information has given you the insight that satisfied your mind. Help share them with your friends by clicking the share button on this website. You can as well subscribe for more scholarship updates.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.