Apply for ABU Business School in 2019 – abu.edu.ng
The university operates two campuses: Samaru (main) and Kongo in Zaria. There is pre-degree school in Funtua a few kilometres from main campus owned by the university.
The Samaru campus houses the administrative offices and the faculties of physical sciences, life sciences, social sciences, arts and languages, education, environmental design, engineering, medical sciences, agricultural sciences and research facilities. The Kongo campus hosts the faculties of Law and Administration.
The Faculty of Administration consists of Accounting, Business Administration, Local Government and Development Studies and Public Administration Departments. Additionally, the university is responsible for other institutions and programmes at other locations.
It is named after the Sardauna of Sokoto, Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello, the first premier of Northern Nigeria.
The university runs a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programmes (and offers associate degrees and vocational and remedial programmes).
It has a large medical programme with its own ABU Teaching Hospital, one of the largest teaching hospitals in Nigeria and Africa.
Students enrolled at the Distance Learning Centre, Ahmadu Bello University have the opportunity to learn from some of the best and brightest in their fields, as our e-Learning courses are taught by the same renowned faculty members who teach in our on-campus programmes.
Our erudite faculty is made up of entrepreneurs, consultants, and academics who work with students on an individual basis to create a cooperative and warm learning environment, where human values flourish.
The Mission of the Directorate of University Advancement is to “facilitate the sustainable attainment of the primary goals of teaching, research and community service through building greater relationships with alumni and friends of Ahmadu Bello University and establishing mutually beneficial relationships with donors and partner organizations”.
To build integrated alumni, development and communications function to advance the University’s goals.
Our Aims and Objectives (Alumni Association)
- To promote the welfare, standard, prestige and good name of the University;
- To encourage a close relationship between the University Authorities, the staff, the students, the Association and the General Public;
- To provide assistance to the various components of the University;
- To provide services and donations to Charities, Religious, Educational Organizations and other non-profit making bodies;
- To explore co-operation with Organizations that have similar aims and objectives within and outside the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
- To institute a scholarship scheme and provide financial assistance to the needy, but educationally outstanding students;
- To encourage members to individually and collectively support teaching and other scholarly activities in the University;
- To promote co-operative spirit amongst members and encourage mutual self-help;
- Organize from time to time, seminar, conferences, workshops, symposia, lectures and other similar activities for the articulation of common problems relating to the development of the society;
- To undertake all such other things as are lawful, necessary and conducive to the; attainment of the ideals of the Association and the development of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Courses Offered by ABU:
- Business Administration
- L G & Development Studies
- Public Administration
- Agric Econs & Rural Sociology
- Animal Science
- Crop Protection
- Plant Science
- Soil Science
- African Languages and Cultures
- Theatre & Performing Arts
- Arts and Social Science Education
- Educational Foundation & Curriculum
- Educational Psychology & Counselling
- Library and Information Science
- Physical and Health Education
- Science Education
- Vocational and Technical Education
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Water Resources & Environmental Engineering
6. Environmental Design
- Fine Arts
- Industrial Design
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Civil Law
- Commercial Law
- Private Law
- Public Law
- Sharia Law
- Chemical Pathology
- Community Medicine
- Dental Surgery
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Medical Microbiology
- Nursing Science
- Obsterics and Gynecology
- Pathology (Morbid Anatomy)
- Traumatic and Orthopeadic Surgery
9. Pharmaceutical Science
- Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmacognosy & Drug Development
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Biological Sciences
- Textile Science & Technology
11. Social Science
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
12. Veterinary Medicine
- Theriogenology and Production
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology
- Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Veterinary Surgery and Medicine
The Ahmadu Bello University is notable for producing prominent people and Nigerian leaders, including many former and current state governors and ministers. Amongst the alumni are:
- Muhammed K. Abubakar, academic, former Minister
- Mohammed Bello Adoke, former Minister of Justice & Attorney General of the Federation
- Ahmed Abdullah, OON, former Agriculture and Rural Development Minister
- Atiku AbubakarGCON, former vice president, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Yayale Ahmed, former secretary to the Government of the Federation
- Muhammad Adamu Aliero, former governor, Kebbi State
- Solomon Arase, former IGP, Nigeria Police Force
- Ayodele Awojobi, scientist and professor at University of Lagos
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Business Schools