UNILORIN Vacancy Announcement for the Post of Vice-Chancellor | University of Ilorin Vacancy Announced
UNILORIN Vacancy Announcement for the Post of Vice-Chancellor | University of Ilorin Vacancy Announced.
UNILORIN, University of Ilorin | University of Ilorin Vacancy Announcement for the Post of Vice-Chancellor University of Ilorin, UNILORIN vacancy announcement for the post of Vice-Chancellor – See more details below;
The Council of the University of Ilorin hereby announces to the general academic community that the post of Vice-Chancellor of the University will be vacant with effect from 16th October, 2017.
Therefore, in accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No. 11 of 1993, as amended by Act No. 25 of 1996 and The Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2012, the Council has decided to commence in earnest the due process of appointing a new Vice-Chancellor.
A Brief History of the University
Established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 1975, the University of Ilorin is the fastest- growing comprehensive public University in Nigeria with an enviable record of academic stability.
The University has fifteen (15) Faculties, 1 College of Health Sciences, 2 Institutes and a Postgraduate School, with a student population of over 30,000 and a total staff strength of 4,000. The University prides itself as one of the most stable Universities in Nigeria where academic activities are carried out in an atmosphere of peace, with students completing their courses as and when due without disruptions. This is a University where staff and students cooperate to ensure uninterrupted academic calendar in the interest of its stakeholders.
The University has carved for itself a niche in the areas of teaching and applied research. For example, the University has, at various times, been ranked best in research and development and other academic endeavours. It is one of the two Universities ranked A+in the 2011/2012 Institutional Accreditation of Nigerian Universities by the National Universities Commission (NUC) thereby earning a 7-year full institutional accreditation status. Furthermore, for the past few years, the University has been consistently ranked as one of the best Universities in Nigeria by different International Ranking Agencies including Web of World Universities (Webometric) which ranked the University the best in Nigeria for 3 consecutive years of 2009, 2010 and 2011 and one of the best 20 in Africa.
The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision over the University. He/She shall be Ex-Officio Chairman of Senate and Congregation and Member of the Governing Council. He/She shall be responsible to Council for the day to day management of the human, financial and material resources of the University.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor, University of Ilorin, must be:
- a distinguished Professor of not less than 10 years in one of the disciplines offered by the University of Ilorin;
- of demonstrable astute managerial ability to maintain the peace and academic stability for which the University is reputed;
- a scholar of outstanding national and international repute, with proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT) and considerable experience at top levels of University Administration;
- a Professor with a track record of teaching, research and community service;
- a person of entrepreneurial and innovative pre-disposition, with a proven track record appropriate to the vision and mission of a first class University;
- a person endowed with strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership;
- a person capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons without discrimination in any form;
- of a sound health, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity and strong moral character for inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among staff and students; and
- of proven ability to initiate contacts and funding from national and international sources.
Method of Application
Each applicant must forward forty (40) copies of signed “Curriculum Vitae“ which must contain:
- Full Names:
- Date of Birth:
- Permanent Home Address:
- Current Postal Address including e-mail address and Telephone contact:
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children (With Dates)
- Institutions Attended (With Dates):
- Academic Qualifications (With Dates)
- Professional Qualifications (With Dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional bodies;
- Outstanding publications, discoveries or inventions (giving all relevant details);
- Working experience in the University system (giving names of institution(s) and dates);
- Details of Administrative, Fund-attraction and Managerial Experience in the University system;
- Specific services to local, national and international communities (giving dates, institution/establishment and status);
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer;
- A statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next five years in not more than 1,000 words and not less than 600 words;
- Extra-Curricular Activities; and
- Names and Addresses of three Referees (one of whom must, where appropriate, be the head of the establishment where the applicant currently works).
Conditions of Service
The appointment will be for one term of five years only while salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Vice-Chancellors of Federal Universities by the Federal Government and the Council.
Mode of Submission of Application
Application should be submitted (in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top left comer, “Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor”) to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, University of Ilorin, P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin, Kwara State, not later than Six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
The listed Referees are to directly submit or post their reports to the Registrar under confidential cover in an envelope clearly marked “Referee’s Report for the Post of Vice- Chancellor” to reach the Registrar not later than Monday, 5th June 2017.
Candidates who would have attained the age of 60 years at the point of assumption of duty need not apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: UNILORIN, unilorin remedial, unilorin school fees, UNILORIN Vacancy Announcement, UNILORIN Vacancy Announcement for the Post of Vice-Chancellor, university of ilorin admission list, university of ilorin courses, university of ilorin cut off mark, university of ilorin portal, university of ilorin postgraduate school, university of ilorin pre degree, University of Ilorin Vacancy Announced