UNN Student Portal www.unn.edu.ng 2020 Check Application Update.
UNN Student Portal: The University of Nigeria, a citadel of higher learning is made up of three campuses located at strategic locations in Enugu State. UNN currently has 15 faculties and 102 academic departments offering 82 undergraduate programmes and 211 postgraduate programmes. Read through for updates from the student portal.
The University of Nigeria, commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has three campuses – Nsukka, Enugu, and Ituku-Ozalla – all located in Enugu State.
The main campus of the University is located on 871 hectares of hilly savannah in the town of Nsukka, about eighty kilometers north of Enugu, and enjoys a very pleasant and healthy climate.
Additionally, 209 hectares of arable land is available for an experimental agricultural farm and 207 hectares for staff housing development. There is regular road transport between Nsukka and Enugu, and Nsukka is also quite easily accessible from all parts of Nigeria.
- About the University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- UNN Undergraduate Admissions
- UNN 2020/2021 Screening Exercise for Admission
- Check UNN Result Online
- UNN Student’s Service Charge
There are modern shopping facilities and a large market in Nsukka town. The Nsukka campus houses the Faculties of Agriculture, Arts, Biological Sciences, Education, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Veterinary Medicine.
About the University of Nigeria, Nsukka
The University of Nigeria was the first full-fledged indigenous and first autonomous university in Nigeria, modeled upon the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of the five elite universities in Nigeria.
The university has 15 Faculties and 102 academic departments. The University offers 82 undergraduate programs and 211 postgraduate programmes. The university celebrated its 50th anniversary in October 2010.
The former Nigerian College of Arts, Science, and Technology, Enugu, was incorporated into the University in 1961, and its buildings now form the Enugu Campus (200 hectares) of the University located in the heart of Enugu, the administrative capital of Enugu State of Nigeria.
Enugu is a modern city, accessible by air, rail, and road. The Faculties of Business Administration, Environmental Studies, Law and Medical Sciences are located at the Enugu Campus.
UNN Undergraduate Admissions
To become a student, one has to meet the following General Entry Requirements;
- Age Limit: No person under the age of sixteen (16) years may be admitted to the University as a student.
- Admission Requirements: University of Nigeria, Nsukka requires all candidates applying for admission into any of its courses to possess five credit level passes which must include a credit pass in English Language and a Science subject in not more than two sittings.
- The entry requirements for Direct Entry must include the UTME requirement for that particular course.
- Prospective candidates for the University of Nigeria should also click the appropriate links below for updates on both University and Departmental Entry requirements
UNN 2020/2021 Screening Exercise for Admission
The University of Nigeria hereby invites candidates who made UNN their first-choice institution in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored 180 and above for screening exercise.
Eligible candidates are required to pay a processing fee of N2,000.00 (Two thousand Naira only) through Remita Platform at any Commercial bank. The online registration started on Wednesday, August 5, 2020, and ended on Friday, August 28, 2020.
- Process Flow for Post-UTME Registration
- Log on to the University Website: unn.edu.ng
- Click on UNN portal (Top right corner of the Website)
- Click Prospective Students
- Select Online Application Form for 2020/2021 Admission Screening Exercise
- Enter JAMB Registration Number
- Generate Invoice
- Proceed to bank for Payment or pay using your ATM Card
- Return to Portal
- Re-enter JAMB Registration Number
- Complete Date of Birth and all other blank fields
- Enter O/Level Subjects and Grades (also provide your Centre and Examination Number. Note: Awaiting Results candidates should list their SSCE subjects)
- Re-enter your grades correctly
- Upload Certificates (Ensure that their sizes are not above 100KB)
- Birth Certificate
- Local Government Identification
- First School Leaving Certificate
- JAMB Result Slip
- O/Level 1
- O/Level 2 (For double sitting candidates) and click the NEXT button
Check UNN Result Online
To check your UNN result online, follow the steps below;
- Go to ICT ( Access Bank building) to purchase your “Semester Result checking Card”.
- Type in the address bar on your browser and type in the portal URL unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Press the enter key on your keyboard
- Type in your registration number in the username, then type in your password. Press the enter key or click on the “Login” button to see the following screen.
- From the menu items on the left, click on “RESULT” to see the next screen as shown below. Observe the dropdown menu under “RESULT”.
- Click on “View Result”
- Click on “Select Session” to select the session of the result you want to check.
- Click on “Select Semester” to select the semester of the result you want to check.
- Type in your scratch card pin in the “Scratch Card Pin” column.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Print out your result.
UNN Student’s Service Charge
The University Administration has arrived at the following resolution after an extensive discussion with the Student Union Government.
• Internet fees for FIRST years remain N12,000.
• Internet fees for Other Years (Second year to Final Year) is N8,000.
• The laptop fee is compulsory for all FIRST YEAR students but there is an option to either pay once or in 3 installments.
70,000 for those who can pay once.
For those to pay over three installments, they will make a yearly payment of N25,000 spread over three sessions.
The yearly laptop installment will be added to the student’s Service charge for the affected sessions.
• All Non First Year students who want to be part of the laptop program will have to make a one-time payment of 70,000. There is no installment provision for Non First Year students.
To help a friend out there, why not click on the share button on this website? You can save a life out there by sharing it on social media for them to see.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.